What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season Eight (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This season has been brilliant so far. The chicken episode with that woman. Omg she had some great lines in that ep. "what's not to like?" "well you're a Jew." Perfect. I watched tonights ep and earlier today my wife and I had a car in a mall parking lot parked in front of our car in the slot right in front of us. His car was one third past the line touching the front bumper of our car. I took pictures, maybe I'll put one up on here. One of these days I'm going to print the notices from this web site and start putting them on cars. http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Was nice to see Samantha Mathis again. Pump Up The Volume fans, can I get a witness? Also loved Gervais showing up to the party with a signed copy of his own DVD. Next week sees the triumphant return of Leon. FUCK. YES.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I enjoyed the episode but I was disappointed they made Larry go through with taking down the mugger on the subway. There's no way he would actually do that. I was looking forward to seeing how they would have Larry somehow weasel out of it. You knew the "hardness" of the bread was gonna come back at some point. I thought it was gonna be Larry getting beaten with it.

Originally Posted by joshEH

Next week sees the triumphant return of Leon. FUCK. YES.

Indeed. And it's about time. I was worried that with Larry in NY we wouldn't be seeing anymore of Leon.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I do love when Larry goes off on various etiquette behaviors, both on Seinfeld ("No double-dip!!"), and on Curb (stabbing Ben Stiller in the eye, because there was nowhere to set the toothpick). New York should provide fruitful territory for Larry to display his type of extreme crazy. (BTW, there's actually a Curb Your Enthusiasm CD soundtrack for sale on Amazon. It has a couple of tracks by Morricone, and even one by Luis Bacalov. Bacalov is the guy who composed the score to the legendary Spaghetti western Django.)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm surprised no one mentioned Gervais's subtle dig at 'Seinfeld' about the laugh track - "reminding people to laugh."

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
One line alone was worth the price of admission:

"You can't go into a fuck fight without a weapon Larry."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Don't forget: "I just had a croissant filled with motherfuckin' champagne!" I just read somewhere that Leon might get his own show. As long as it's a reality show in which J.B. Smoove -- in-character as Leon -- just shows up at random people's homes and moves in without their permission, I'm on board. "Leon Brings the Ruckus to That Ass" sounds like a no-brainer of a title.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I'm so onboard for that show Josh. I love Leon's dropping of "my roommate"! We still don't know who it was...why do I have a feeling we'll find out?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
So.. I had this patient, let's just say he was the director of a film "Star Wars"

:)

The entire episode killed me.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"He gave you this?" "No, I stole it." Loved Leon with glasses: "I have overcome, goddammit." Major bravo to Buckner. Robert Smigel's voice is hysterical -- just hearing him talk makes me laugh. The louder he yelled, the more he sounded like Triumph. I loved it. (Am I the only one who now has the desire to coach Little League just to institute the team-cheer of "Fuck these people!!!"?) This was classic Curb.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Don't get me wrong, I love this season, but some of the stuff just seems so over the top, even for Curb. The whole baby bit at the end seemed forced, predictable and unnecessary. And that's a perfect example of what I mean about this season. It seems almost every episode there has been a sequence that makes me roll my eyes. But everything other than those sequences are great, including everything Leon says or does.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
So.. I had this patient, let's just say he was the director of a film "Star Wars"

:)

The entire episode killed me.
TravisR said:
The shot that panned between Susie and Larry's reactions in the car was priceless.
Those two things absolutely had me on the floor. Leon had some gold too(as usual). Probably my favorite overall episode of this season. :tu:

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I thought this would be as good a place as any to say that I have only now started watching this show AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! one of the funniest 'sitcoms' of all time, and highly addictive. But I no longer have HBO, but get this --- I discovered Larry by watching local NY reruns on channel 11 ... A sin, I know - they're all heavily edited... but they were so good anyway that I decided to invest in buying Seasons 1 - 7 on DVD, sight unseen! And I have already gotten through 1 - 5 and am now just watching Season 6.... GREAT STUFF! Although I've posted in this thread, I have not been able to watch any of Season 8 ... but that's okay, I don't mind waiting for the DVD set, and I still have season 6 and 7 to give me my fix. A question out of curiosity - does CYE ever go to 16x9, or is it still 1.33...? (Not that it's important at all, but I'm just wondering).

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Another great season full of hilarious bits. That kid killed. TOO dang funny. "Get a life, Jews!" "So, is that a Parkinson's thing?" And, yes, Leon...in a fight, "that shaking shit might come in handy!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks