What's new

Cult / Classic 80's films on DVD (1 Viewer)

Matt Man

Agent
Just got done putting in my order at amazon.com for the CLASS OF 1984: Special Edition (that I got for an amazing deal with THE WARRIORS: The Ultimate Directors Cut for $23.98).

I had been waiting since I first got my DVD player back in '99 for Class of 1984 to come out on DVD, and now that it has, I am wondering what other cult 80's movies have yet to be released on DVD?

Any in particular you have been waiting patiently for?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Paradise('82)
i used to have a Japanese import, but the compression was lousy- lots of macro blocking. i sold it off anticipating that MGM would put it out soon, but then they got bought up byu Sony who seems to have put the kibosh on most of their 'cultish' titles.
Ironically, there was an erotica wave last year, but instead of Paradise we got Bolero, Lady Chatterlys Lover and some others of minor interest.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i remembered blue underground bringing back some of the 80s movies in DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete... i dunno why, but =).

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I could still go for an anamorphic widescreen release of Remo Williams. But the full-frame DVD will have to do for now.

- Steve

Kate*H

Agent
I second the Gymkata dvd. Would it be hoping too much to get a commentary track for that one? I would love to hear the explanation for the village of the crazies and the infamous priest.
Also, Little Darlings.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I boycotted REMO WILLIAMS. And, painfully, MIRACLE MILE. Just couldn't do it.

My vote is for NIGHT OF THE CREEPS. No one seems to know who has the rights to this or, I think, THE MONSTER SQUAD. Still waiting on FROM BEYOND, which apparently MGM was in the process of giving it the Special Edition treatment. With the Sony buy of MGM, that -- and many others -- may be in limbo, which is a crying shame.

Joe:C

Second Unit

Has anyone heard anymore about this? I know they found the cut footage, but I haven't heard anything since then. Maybe it'll be ready for halloween.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Howard the Duck
Screwballs
The Sender
Six Pack
Spring Break
Up the Creek

John*P

Second Unit
The Wizard
Monster Squad
Night of the Comet
The Legend of Billie Jean
Harry & the Hendersons
Zapped!
Private School
The Wild Life
Meatballs 2

Rob P S: The Heavenly Kid is on DVD. :)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
-"Private School"

-"Electric Dreams"

-"Reckless"

-"URGH! A Music War!"

-"Blue Skies Again"

-"Love At Stake"

-"Dudes"

-"Cross My Heart"

-"Impulse" (The Theresa Russell movie...Although released in 1990 it has a 1989 copyright date)

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I could come up with many more, but I'll leave this at that.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"Love At Stake" is out now?

Those title dumps really fly under my radar. For example, I had no idea that "O.C And Stiggs" was out until I saw it Amazon.

Is "...Stake" it pan-and-scan or widescreen?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

This was surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks