What's new

CSW P500 or Pinnacle Baby Boomer? (1 Viewer)

JohnCZ

Stunt Coordinator
I've reduced my choices for a small (but good) subwoofer. The Cambridge Soundworks P500 or Pinnacle Baby Boomer. My wife wants something less-ugly and smaller in our living area. Both options are basically the same price, delivered. We will use it for 60% music, 40% HT. I will have a 7.1 HT system once this is done.

Reviews? Experience? Opinions? Other options? Need some input on anything including dealing with the two companies.

I am having trouble locating anyone in my area that handles these two subs. Both manufacturers have what looks to be a good return policy.

Thanks in advance,
J

GregBe

Second Unit
I have owned the P500, and it is amazing. I did not compare it to the Pinnacle, but did compare it to many other small subs including Velodyne and Carver and also many larger ones. I felt it was better than both of those. It is one of the best subs for music I have heard, and rocks for theater. The only reason I upgraded to the P1000 was my room is a little large for any sub that size whether it be a Pinnacle or anything else.

Greg

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was actually surprised at how good the P500 is. I was in the store and when I found out it was the P500, not the P1000 playing, I was pretty impressed, especially for the size. I really like the little remote controlled x-over unit as well. For the price however, I think the offerings from HSU and SVS will still outperform this guy, at the expense of a little more size, but costing just a bit less.

JohnCZ

Stunt Coordinator
I failed to mention my room is 14'wide and 16'long with a low 7'4" ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks