What's new

CSU or PC+? (1 Viewer)

MitchKel

Grip
I'm going to take the SVS plunge today and thought I'd get everyone's opinion. Which one would you choose and why? 16-46PC+ or the CSU. I'm going to have to drive the CSU if I get it with my Citation amp for the meantime just because of budget. My preamp has all of the settings to control output.

Dale Ridgeway

Stunt Coordinator
Get the PC+ :)
I just recieved my 16-46PC+ last week (review pending)
and you can't beat the ability to tweek the thing (variable phase, subsonic filiter, auto on....etc.) I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Yet be prepared for a slight shock when the UPS guy brings it to the door.(along with a few four letter words from the wife:D ) That thing is BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!

MitchKel

Grip
That is the one thing I like about the PC+, everything is included. I'm sure either one is great. I missed the B-stock 16-46 which I've been watching for a couple weeks. It was only a savings of $50 but every bit counts. Maybe you bought it?

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
This is not an apples to apples comparison.

Two differently tuned subs, one powered the other one passive.

To be fair you should first decide as to whether you want a powered or passive sub.

Once that decision is made then the output capabilities and tunning should come into the equation.

Your choices should be:
16-46 CS+ vs 16-46 PC+
or
20-39 CS+ vs 20-39 PC+
or
20-39 CS+ vs Ultra (20-39 enclosure)

Happy subwoofing!;)

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Really it boils down to the drivers. As John stated, the best comparison is the passive 20-39CS+ with the dB12 driver vs. the passive 20-39 CS Ultra with the TV12 driver. They share the same enclosure size and venting configuration - only the driver differs.

The $575 CS+ offers about 85% of the performance of the $900 Ultra. Tom V at SVS considers the Ultra "worth every penny". I've heard both - and both are awesome and yes the Ultra IS better. Is it $325 better? Only you can decide.

With the said, the PC+ is an incredible value - the best in the line-up. You get everything onboard - variable phase, SS filter, inputs galore, 525W of BASH power. It's a home run and if it were my money, I'd buy a PC+ over an Ultra.

BTW, the 16-46 is really only needed if you regularly play music/movies with 14-15 Hz content. The 20-39 is a better choice for most applications and matches the 16-46 in extension down to about 17-18 Hz in most rooms.

Regards,

Ed

Dale Ridgeway

Stunt Coordinator
Mitch,
I was me that purchased the B-stock 16-49PC+:D
I was all set to get the 20-39, but couldnt pass up on the deal, even at only 50 bucks off.

MitchKel

Grip
Ok Ed. From your inputs and a quick email exchange with Tom at SVS I bought a 20-39PC+ that popped up on the B-stock list today. Come on UPS!

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I bought a 20-39PC+ that popped up on the B-stock list today.
:emoji_thumbsup: Hoo boy are you gonna do backflips when you hear what this sub can do.

If you need any help at all with set-up or calibration, just post a question here (there are many knowledgeable SVS owners on this forum), or get with me over at Club Polk, or just send me an e-mail.

Regards,

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.