What's new

CSI: Season 6 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Grissom's line at the beginning was great. I also liked when Nick and Hodges were talking about some science thing taking six hours and Hodges says how "They'll just edit it down to 30 seconds" and then they went to the montage. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Hmmm. A knock on the other CSI's (NY & Miami) or the other knockoffs (NCIS, Bones)? I know William Petersen wasn't thrilled with CSI having spin-offs.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, a wink-wink-nudge-nudge episode, but at least I admire the attempt to poke a little fun inwardly.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I think that whole "TV crew filming a day in the life" device is so played out. I hated it back when they did it on MASH. Most recently I hated it when they did it on Battlestar Galactica, and I hated it on CSI.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Another good scene was when the camera guy asked Grissom to repeat what he said for the camera, and Grissom just stared at him as if he was insane.

mylan

Screenwriter
Overall did not like the episode but it does highlight how sleazy these people are, such as when they asked Brass about shooting a cop.
I read in as interview that William Peterson wants out as soon as his contract runs out due to the dilution of the show from all the spin-offs and that he "pretty much sleep walks through his scenes now". I'm surprised CBS let him use that pharse on the air and it wouldn't surprise me if Grissom gets killed in the season finale.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think he's contracted through next season as well so Grissom will still be around. Plus, CBS will want him to make guest appearances (no matter how much of a long shot that is) so they won't kill him off.

mylan

Screenwriter
That may very well be, I had just read where he is not happy, although as executive producer now he is getting paid rather well. I do look for him to try to exit the show at some point, sooner rather than later. It seems that the show is having a hard time finding new crimes to solve without having to stretch credibility or revisit old themes. Overall though I still enjoy CSI but the last couple of eps have been off.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Old information. If you're talking about that interview from a couple of seasons ago, Peterson retracted it almost immediately.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Tonight's episode was fun, especially the Rashomon-like different recollections of the team. (I loved Greg's bad Raymond Chandler imitation and Sara calling him on it.)

BTW, has anyone gone to the CBS website and looked at that picture to try to find clues to the final two episodes? Apart from the dead guy and the fact that nobody's looking at him, and possibly the groupings the characters fall into, I'm not seeing anything that looks like a clue. Unless the Edward Hopper painting "Nighthawks" it is obviously based on is a clue in and of itself. Anybody else have any ideas?

Regards,

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked Greg's black and white/hard boiled/Sin City lipstick-style flashback.

It was fun seeing Ray Wise (whose been popping up on 24 this year too), Daniel Roebuck, and Veronica Cartwright.

I kinda thought it was just a marketing gimmick to get you to go to CBS.com. Maybe once you see the episode, there will be some weird little clue that you'd never be able to see without having seen the episode?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I don't know. Unless the secret was supposed to be "Marg is hot", nothing really jumps out at me, even with the magnifier. And I didn't need the website to tell me that. :)

Nothing about the diner is very striking. The neon sign says "Play" and there are two non-descript slot machines inside, neither unusual for Vegas. The strip is visible in the background, and several recognizable hotels can be picked out with the magnifier. The diner seems to be in the middle of nowhere. There may or may not be footprints or other clues in the dirt and scrub outside. Frankly the painting isn't clear enough for me to tell either way.

Posture and body language:

Nick is sitting with his back to the door, doesn't look happy, seems to be looking at Warrick.

Sara is standing more-or-less by herself but closest to Warrick. She's staring into the middle distance, not really looking at anything or anybody. Appears to be more of an inward stare. Her body language is very "closed" - arms crossed in front of her, standing straight, slightly back from Warrick and Nick, not in either's natural line of sight. And the mere fact that she isn't looking at Grissom may be a clue. ;)

Greg is standing next to Doc Robbins, looking down, either at the counter or at something behind/below the counter. What he's looking at is not visible or at least not obvious.

The Doctor is one of three characters looking directly out the diner window/at the viewer. He seems to have something in his right hand, but I can't tell what it is.

Warrick is looking in the direction of Catherine and/or Grissom - and pointedly not looking at the figure in the white suit and hat with what appears to be a bullet hole in his jacket. (Could also be some kind of other penetrating wound, but if it is the knife or icepick or what have you is missing.) Warrick's left hand is clearly visible and he does not appear to be wearing a wedding ring, which is the only thing (apart from the dead/wounded guy) that strikes me as a likely clue.

Catherine, like Robbins and Grissom, is looking right out at the viewer through the diner window. She's not looking at the man slumped at the counter behind her. I don't see anything in her clothing or posture that strike me as being clues.

Grissom stands furthest to one side and slightly in front of his team, so none of them would be in his line of sight anyway. He looks right at the viewer and there is nothing about his image that is striking.

Anybody else notice anything?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Regards,

Joe

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
There's a badge in the dead guy's pocket, Nick has blood on his neck, and there's a photo in Greg's pocket....

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps its Nick's hair...I can't be the only one who is glad he finally cut it:D

Seriously though, could the dead guy with the badge be Brass?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Brass is the only one not in the picture, but something tells me it can't be him, because it would be too obivous.

"Shut the door... from the other side"

I thought this episode was an interesting twist, light-hearted in an otherwise dark show.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

You've got better eyes than I do. I couldn't tell that was a badge in the white suit guy's pocket. (He's slumped and bleeding, but I wouldn't assume he's dead. Grissom wouldn't approve. :)) And I didn't know that was a photo in Greg's pocket. Completely missed the blood on Nick.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yes, he's the only missing regular. Among the "recurring, but not in the main titles" characters I also noticed the lack of Hodges and Eckley. But I'm not getting my hopes up. :D

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks