What's new

CSI: Miami season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ok, I don't know why I still watch this show, as it just manages to get more silly as the season goes on! Maybe because I enjoy ripping each episode apart like the way some guy on YouTube rips apart old Nintendo games. :)

The whole Natalia storyline with her ex-husband just makes me groan!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, there really are about 4 people who watch this show? :)

I'm not a regular watcher of this show. I just happen to catch the last 15 minutes of the show last night.

Looks like the new trend of TV shows today are to fatally wound or kill main characters. I had no idea what the story was about, but there was a shoot out with Cain and Delko and some bad guys. Looks like Delko's dead!

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I just read a TV Guide article that begins with David Caruso mentioning a look at some of the reruns on A&E, and how much 'lighter' their voices and attitudes were in the earlier seasons.

For comparison/contrast, look at 'Cross-Jurisdictions' or 'Golden Parachute' - the first being the CSI "backdoor pilot" and the second being Miami's first official episode, and then look at an episode from this season or season 4. While some elements remain, Horatio was VERY different back then.

For example:

-overreliance on putting on/removing sunglasses

In the early seasons, they weren't the prop they are now, and was seen without them more than with them.

-repeated poses/head tilts/squinting

Nowhere near as extreme in the early seasons, and usually not even noticeable. Didn't squint at all, and rarely posed.

-low voice and catch-phrase manner of speech

While the catch phrase before the opening credits was and is a standard on all CSI shows, Horatio spoke with a lighter, far more casual voice and didn't come across as gimmicky.

Horatio was like everyone else - in a lab coat analyzing samples, running tests, and was more an equal than a supervisor who observes more than participates. His responsibilities were reduced greatly.

I think what happened is that the writers found a kind of formulaic approach, not so much for the storylines, but the character's behavior and actions. Of course Caruso will get the criticism for it, but I place my blame on the writers for turning Horatio into a gimmick/routine rather than a character.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The same can be said about CSI:NY. The first half of the first season. Things were a bit darker and they have lightened things up. Also, they stopped using that blueish tint used in every scene.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Booo!!!!!!!!! What a load of crap. Can they send that horrific "actor" and tv murderer of Clavo Cruz to jail now? :frowning:

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
So maybe their are 5 of us that watch...?
Its just so damn pretty in HD all the way around. :laugh:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Is it just me, or has Rebecca Gayheart not aged well? The aspects that made her a cute teen don't look so good now that she's 30 something.

What a way for Wolf to go. Ironic since Horatio has proven he will bend over backwards to keep his guys out of trouble, yet Wolf couldn't trust him.

Jason

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Wow..I didn't know Jonathan Togo wanted off or that they(producers) wanted him off.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ok, I want to know about the Miami stuff...didn't see anything posted in a Miami thread.

(Admin note - post split off from the CSI: Las Vegas thread)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well....

An old face will be returning to that show for a few episodes. I'm sure you'll hear about it but I'll spoiler-tag anyway in case no one wants to know yet:

Rory Cochrane, who played Tim Speedle (killed in the season 3 opener) will return as either 1) a spirit/figment of someone's imagination, or 2) newly created flashbacks.

Horatio will find out he as a son he didn't know about as well.
Weird wild stuff!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well the Speedle episode aired. It was an interesting way of bringing him back. But, two things irked me....

-He just happened to be thinking of Speedle when Speed's credit cards were stolen?
-Wow, another semi-regular leaving Brendan Fehr.
-And back on that lucky coincidence. A case regarding credit card over use and they just happen to catch someone in their lab committing credit card fraud?? Hmmmm.

Back on the Speedle note. I almost thought they were going to pull a Horatio. Where his supposed dead brother was really deep undercover. Also, I wonder if Rory Cochrane is having second thoughts about leaving the show? Haven't seen him much lately.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Cochrane must have caught the "leave the show for bigger & better things" from David Caruso. :)

I've stopped trying to make sense of some of the things that happen on this show - the coincidences and such. But what bothers me is how can Horatio allow Eric, who is having hallucinations, to continue working unchecked and CARRY A GUN! I know it's only a TV show (and it's only CSI:Miami, after all) but really!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks