CSI: Miami - 02/25/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Whoa, Sofia Milos and Caruso hooking up? Yowza!

The episode was okay, but it always seems to be the secretary/aide that is involved in these homicides.

Loved it when Horatio stuck it to the council woman on the golf course.

2. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

Was there backstory in the past on Sofia Milos? I seem to remember seeing her before (what man could forget? Jeebus.) but I wasn't sure if it was CSI:M or another show.

If anyone could fill me in on the backstory I appreciate it.

I still find myself considering CSI:M the best of the second tier of dramas on TV. Above a lot of them, but no where near as interesting or compelling as CSI:LV.

3. Ivan Lindenfeld

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think this was Sofia's first appearance on CSI: Miami, but I could be mistaken. It didn't seem like they did a good job giving the viewers the 411 on her and Horatio's connection (I was thinking she lost a partner in the line of duty, like the Kim Delaney character Megan) and was a close friend of Horatio working through some grief.

5. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

If I remember correctly, the Raymond that Horatio and Yelena kept mentioning is Horatio's cop brother who was killed. Perhaps Raymond Caine was Yelena's partner?

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Ah, that would make sense in Horatio and Yelena commiserating with each other (but Horatio should looking into hitting it while he's in compassionate dude mode). [​IMG]

7. Ivan Lindenfeld

Yes, that makes sense to me too. I recalled that Ray H's dead brother but where she fit in (top, bottom I don't really care) was unclear. Since she's a cop she has to be Ray's ex partner.

They sure were obtuse about what he was doing at her doorstep with Chinese food.

Thanks for the clarification.

8. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

I can't remember if we had seen this before but didn't it look like Calleigh and Erik were touching each other in a pretty intimate way in the hallway?

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think they are in the "going out" phase.

10. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

There was some mention in an earlier episode about him crashing at her place for some reason. They are certainly good friends.

//Ken

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Can you imagine going out with a lady who packs more heat than you?

12. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

I'm pretty sure I saw that too Lee.

13. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

I've been an off and on again viewer of CSI: Miami. Could some one please fill me in on what happened to Kim Delaney?

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Her character was written out. "Megan" simply left a note for Horatio that said that she came back to work too soon, so she was leaving (again). I guess Megan couldn't take seeing all the grisly murders and deaths on a regular basis after seeing her fiance'/husband killed 6 months ago (at the time she came back to work).

As far as Kim Delaney goes, perhaps it was just a case of too many cooks in the kitchen and she didn't want to play second banana to David Caruso.

I don't miss the Megan character, and her departure means more screen time for Calleigh (Emily Proctor).

15. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

Patrick thanks for the update, I had watched the first few shows and when I came back to the show last week I noticed she was gone so I was just curious has to what happened.