What's new

CSI: Las Vegas Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
No he doesn't.
Sarah was always loyal to Grissom (seeing as he brought her in) and Eckly knows she has no loyalty to him.

He suspects nothing. He just knows Sarah will side with Grissom 99% of the time when asked.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Doubt me if you must, but I'm telling you there was a little extra "we're all in high school and I'm going to tell the teacher" edge to Eckley's line. And Sara and Grissom thought so to, note the exchange of looks between them.

But fear not. I'll be very graceful about accepting your apologies in a couple of weeks when Eckley tires to make an issue of their relationship. ;)

Well, things aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. Ever since they started the upcoming season promos I've thought that Lindsey was going to die in that car crash and that it was going to be Catherine's fault. That would have made for an especially grim year.

I don't mind the semi-anthology/semi-arc approach they seem to be flirting with this year. Shows with continuing storylines have been doing better and better in the ratings, and this year the show is up against Gray's Anatomy a classic of soap opera storytelling and a ratings powerhouse in its own right. Short of moving CSI to another night, CBS had little choice but to goose the personal story quotient on the show and to give viewers an extra incentive to tune in next week. (By resolving at least one case in each episode but letting another continue.)

That's another reason I think Eckley is on to Sara and Grissom and likely to make an issue of it. That ups the dramatic ante and focuses on the character's personal lives at the same time.

Seems to be working. After getting edge out by Gray's last week, CSI was back in the number 1 spot last night. (Although still 2nd in the key 18-49 demo, which is still a bit worrying from CBS's standpoint.)

Regards,

Joe

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Well, she wasn't actually raped (which is nice). She was just drugged and photographed to show her father she could be gotten to. And her daughter's kidnapping and father's shooting were all part of the same twisted plan. But yeah, definitely lots of crap to deal with in a short time.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm also not sure yet the Sam is really dead. I could see the producers going either way with this one, and all we see in the episode is him get shot and then close his eyes. He may be dead, he may just have lost conciousness. I didn't hear anybody with a stethascope around his/her neck officially declare him worm food. Killing him makes for an interesting arc for Catherine, and really changes things, but he's been such a fun and twisted character that I think the show and her characrter could also lose something by offing Sam. Can't wait for next week. :)

Regards,

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Joe, I agree about Sam being dead or not. If he dies. Catherine and/or her kid would probably become the heir to his fortune. Which would prove bizarre a multi-millionaire CSI...remember this isn't Hart to Hart. ;)

Although Sam could have other kids.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lindsay sure did grow up fast these past years. I think they aged her about 2-3 years more from her starting age in the initial season.

I think Warrick suspects something between Grissom and Sidle (basing that from last week's episode). Sidle looks better with the hair parted from her left side.

I couldn't believe I was seeing Sean Young on TV. That was just odd.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

You're not watching the right things on TV. :) She's done a bunch of TV movies in the past 10 years or so, not to mention guest shots on series like Third Watch, Boston Public and even Reno 911.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought Lindsay was around 6, maybe 7 when she had to deal with her ex all the time back in the early season.

Only watched Boston Public in that list, but don't remember her appearance.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

You have a better memory than I do. Madison McReynolds was born in August 1993 and so just turned 13. I'm assuming that it was the same actress on Thursday. (I've already dumped the episode from my DVR, so can't check.) I thought Catherine mentioned Lindsey being 14 (now that I think about it) during the hospital vigil for Brass, so they may be fudging a little - although that is unusual. Generally with teenagers they get someone a year or two older than the character's age to play the role. Have they replaced the actress, or is she just tall for her age?

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They definitely recast for the role of Lindsay this season because the new Lindsay was on "Summerland" on the WB for a couple of seasons before it got canned, and she's played by Kay Panabaker (whose big sister Danielle Panabaker plays the daughter of "Shark", in the show just after CSI - Thursdays are quite the night for the Panabaker household, I suspect.)

Kay Panabaker is about 16.5 years old, and is already a junior at UCLA.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0659048/bio

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I've caught some of the Summerland reruns on HDNET (Lori Laughlin, bikini, HD, I don't care if the show is any good :)) That must be why the "new" Lindsey looked familiar to me - enough that I thought it might be the old Lindsey grown up a bit. Been awhile since I remember Lindsey being on screen in a episode, and kids change fast at that age.

So now we have an almost-17 year old probably playing a 14 year old.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Regards,

Joe

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Nice discussion about Lindsey, but anyone see the rest of the show??

I think if Sam Braun was shot dead, it was in an ironic way. He was a thug, and he is too much old school to think someone would not be mad enough to just walk up and shoot him. He finally had it coming to him. My guess is Katherine's mother gets the inheritence.

As for the crime scene model, what did Grissom find behind the tiny framed picture? Was it a clue to a new serial killer? Everyone other suspect was pretty much eliminated.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Catherine's mother is certainly a possibility. So is a trust for Lindsey that she gets when she turns 21 - or 30. :)

Sam had two legitimate sons, one of whom killed the other and is now donig time. I can only assume that Sam cut him out of the will. :) Were there any other kids in those family photos? (All my CSI season sets are in storage, which is just killing me at the moment, so I can't check any of this stuff.)

How do we make the jump to "serial killer"? Are there other cases out there with perfect scale models of the crime scene that I missed whiile I was concentrating on Lindsey? :)

Look, the Danny B. murder was obviously personal, not the kind of stranger murder most serial killings are. And it seems very likely that the kid made the room model, but at somebody else's request. And he's covering for that person, either because he wants to protect them or because he doesn't believe that person capable of murder and thinks there is some innocent explanation.

But clearly Grissom discovered a clue about something. For one thing whoever made the model was so obsessive about reproducing every detail of the room that there's a good chance there is also a document or something behind the real picture.

Regards,

Joe

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

If it were a new serial killer there wouldn't be any other scale models.

I think it's probably a personal killing too but it could be some sicko playing with Grissom like Paul Millander did beginning with the pilot episode. Whatever it was on the back of the little picture may be one piece in a puzzle that Grissom will have to solve if any more "scale model murders" show up. I didn't get a very good look at the back of the picture but it looked like someone's eye to me.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

"Yet", you mean. Now that you mention Paul Millander what you meant is a little clearer.

But I don't think the writers are doing that here. It just doesn't "feel' right. And, of course, in the Millander case we knew from the start that it was a serial killing because Grissom and Brass had already worked on a similar homicide before the series started. So that was out on the table, it wasn't something they brought in out of left field. (Although the specifics of Millander and Grissom's coincidental relationship to the killer's pattern were.)

As for what's behind the picture - it looked to me like a piece of a full-sized image, maybe a doll's glass eye, green if I recall.

I think the eye may lead Grissom to the material the model was made from. If the miniature picture in the frame was clipped from a magazine or catalog there could have been a full-sized iimage on the opposite side of the page. If somebody finds a magazine with a person or doll with their eye cut out, then they've got a piece of evidence that the model-maker, if not the killer, has handled. And we do still have the loose end of the son, who has the skill and obsession with detail needed to build the model.

Regards,

Joe

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The problem with continuing the case is there was no "To be continued" like the end of the last episode. They bring up a serial killer every few years, maybe this is the start of a new one with a new angle. People here are saying this season is less formulaic. I think it would be intriguing to have later cases with crime scene models and they find new clues in each models, or maybe different models, like a 3D one left on a computer in some VR program. this can have some potential, it would be a shame to use such a complex crime scenario on just one case.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
"If the miniature picture in the frame was clipped from a magazine or catalog there could have been a full-sized image on the opposite side of the page."

I was thinking there must have been some article on the rock star that had a picture of that room - complete with the picture - that the killer used to make the miniature....a rock star better homes and garden...

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
This sounds too detailed for a simple crime of passion. The model looks so much like a killer that is so arrogant, they can duplicate every part of the room and not leave anything out and yet why make the model? To show Grissom as to whether he can solve the crime or not? The eye on the back of the photo is the only clue right now. What did that show? Must be a future connection for another story.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
They just had a will her live or die at the end of last season. I doubt they are going to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks