What's new

Crusoe (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok, I admit, just watched this morning, and I figure, based on the fact that there are no threads or discussion that this show is going to be about as popular as I expect.

Anyone have the ratings on this bomb? It's basically LOST in a different time period, and nowhere near as interesting. I'm really at a loss for how this show got picked up. I mean, I get it when a cheap sitcom gets greenlit and fails, the studio can't lose that much, and the right joke might save the thing.

But the show seems expensive to do, but the action and acting in this thing are very MST3K rather then anything interesting.

I get that people portray Friday night as the graveyard slot. I remember when Fridays were a big TV night.. ABC had their comedy slate on Friday (TGIF), Fox had X-Files, etc. I don't think Friday is a graveyard if it gets the right demographic, especially when people would love to stay home and save money.

But this show seems doomed to not find an audience.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The only show I watch on Friday is Numb3rs (which I think is awesome). We watched Crusoe last night, and were at least mildly entertained. So it might be the "watch while I make supper" show for us.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Meant to record it but forgot. Hoping it would be repeated, but sounds like I'm not missing much if it's not.

Agree with Josh on Numb3rs, one of my favorites. Usually catch Numb3rs and some of the CSIs over the weekend. Comcast has some pretty limited On Demand stuff from CBS that luckily includes a few I like, all at no extra charge.

Oddly they show Survivor, but not Amazing Race.

They carried some NBC stuff this past summer, although they charged for it, maybe that's why it was dropped. But I'd pay a buck or two to watch Crusoe if it showed up.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I didn't think the acting was that bad, especially among secondary characters like the pirate leader, plus Joaquim de Almeida, Sam Neil and Sean Bean will be around for awhile.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
We liked it a lot, and are looking forward to the rest of the season. Something to replace Stargate Atlantis on Fridays...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't really get the negativity. It was beautiful, I enjoyed the acting, and it was sort of like Pirates of the Caribbean: The Series. My main complaint is that this should have been an episode deeper into the season. I thought it would start out with him learning how to get along on the island. Solo survival. I've never read the book, so I don't know how it is structured.

I really liked the main pirate. He reminded me of Barbossa. And, Judy was just plain hot.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wonder how this is doing. If the lack of talk here is any indication--hasn't been discussed since almost two weeks before Halloween--not well. Wikipedia calls it a "12-part series," so maybe they know something I don't. It was moved to Saturday tonight, which is good for me. No more having to record the second showing of Clone Wars because of recording conflicts.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know the ratings are a disaster, and that says something since the expectations were rather moderate. I think it was billed as a miniseries but if it would have done better, we wouldn't have seen the last of it, I'm sure.

Pity, it's a show really well done and a welcome change between all those crime/hospital/lawyer series.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like the island stuff, but not the flashback stuff so much. The one an episode or so back where the sailmaker's wife was arrested was good. And, Robin's wife is gorgeous. It's been a little too obvious from the start that Blackthorne has been up to no good, though.

If it's been billed as a miniseries, at least we'll get the full, intended storyline.

Mia Maestro is cute, but she makes a really terrible looking boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks