What's new

Crossover settings to connect Bose sattelites directly to receiver? (1 Viewer)

NCRobino

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Hello! New here, so thanks in advance for the advice.
Firstly let me start by saying I know the acoustimass speakers are not seen as the best choice out there and I get that. That said, I like them fine and would just appreciate the advice on what I have and not 10 reasons why I should sell them and get something else.
That said, I'd like to add a rear center channel to my system. My Bose passive bass module only allows 5 speakers to be connected.
Could I:
1. Set the crossover for all sattelites on my Pioneer receiver to protest casually protect the Bose sats from the low frequencies? If so, what should be the crossover settings I use?
2. If not, can I leave the 5 speakers connected through the bass module and add a new center channel or a Bose acoustimass center speaker somehow and connect it directly to the receiver safely? If I didn't get a Bose center speaker, what would be a good small speaker that would visually blend with the Bose aesthetic and sound well?
Thanks for the advice!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
NCRobino said:
2. If not, can I leave the 5 speakers connected through the bass module and add a new center channel or a Bose acoustimass center speaker somehow and connect it directly to the receiver safely? If I didn't get a Bose center speaker, what would be a good small speaker that would visually blend with the Bose aesthetic and sound well?
This is about your only option. Thankfully, since the rear center speaker is not used very frequently, there is little reason that it has to be a "match" to the rest of your speakers. Small speakers like those from Energy or Mirage are options. I can't offer any specific recommendation, however. It's been a long time since I auditioned speakers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well...
You aren't supposed to set a crossover with the Acoustimass.
About the only thing you could do is buy the VS100(I don't remember if that is an actual model number or not) center speaker, then use the Acoustimass XX(you don't mention which version) on everything NOT center.
Also, in Pioneer you have 1 crossover, you'd have to choose small center, then large every other speaker.

Number1AVdork

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Umberto Smith
The cross over is built into the bass module...Bose is bad. Just ditch the bose. My 10$ Celestion bookshelf speakers put out twice the sound of the 5 speaker Bose v35 3000$ system. Can you really torture yourself much longer?
The X-over is built into the module. Without connecting the cubes to module you will not get the speaker to work good and might even damage them. Good luck. Anything is better than Bose. I gave you one reason not ten :) I hope that helps. Seriously any modestly good lower end audiophile branded speaker will outdo the Bose.
BOSE= BadOutscourcedSoundExperience

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks