Criterion Flash Sale

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Jason Hughes, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

If your order totals $50 or more, Criterion provides free shipping. Since I save up almost all my Criterion purchases for these sales, I always can find enough titles to get free shipping.

BTW, Barnes & Noble charges me sales tax, but Criterion does not, so their sale is better than the one from B&N in my case.

2. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Didn't know about the >$50 free shipping, but I really only had the one title in mind this time. I'm not a avid Criterion collector, I just pick up select titles here and there.

3. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    Scott - if you're a member, even with tax BN is better because of the bonus 10% in store and coupon deals - but only if you can get to a BN in store, online the 10% is replaced by free shipping for members, and you can't get the coupons to work generally, so online is a wash,

4. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Yeah, if your purchase is less than $50, you're better off with the BN sale and the local tax.

One of the things that I love about this HTF community is how quick we are to crow about saving a buck or two or getting some great deal on a DVD or blu-ray like we're hunter-gatherers scoring a sable-toothed tiger. But the truth is, if it's something we really want and we want it NOW, we have no qualms about shelling out retail prices like $100 for a favorite film on laser disc we wanted, or a high-priced Region B copy of something not available in America. We are a quirky and complex, yet ironic bunch.

And, speaking of irony, my copy of It's a Madx4 World has already shipped out of a nearby state and I'll probably get it before anyone who ordered it through Criterion. Oh... there's another quirk of the HTF crowd... crowing about how soon we got something. Nevermind that it will sit on my shelf for weeks before I actually get around to screening it!