What's new

Criterion Flash Sale (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hollywoodaholic said:
Duh. So it's back in stock again. But guess what? By the time you add shipping, it's $2-3 more than Deep Discount. I guess I thought it was $19 at half off and it's actually $24 + $5-6 shipping. Now I feel dumb dumb dumb dumb. But DDD gets the order at $28 + free shipping..
If your order totals $50 or more, Criterion provides free shipping. Since I save up almost all my Criterion purchases for these sales, I always can find enough titles to get free shipping.

BTW, Barnes & Noble charges me sales tax, but Criterion does not, so their sale is better than the one from B&N in my case.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Didn't know about the >$50 free shipping, but I really only had the one title in mind this time. I'm not a avid Criterion collector, I just pick up select titles here and there.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Scott - if you're a member, even with tax BN is better because of the bonus 10% in store and coupon deals - but only if you can get to a BN in store, online the 10% is replaced by free shipping for members, and you can't get the coupons to work generally, so online is a wash,

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yeah, if your purchase is less than $50, you're better off with the BN sale and the local tax.

One of the things that I love about this HTF community is how quick we are to crow about saving a buck or two or getting some great deal on a DVD or blu-ray like we're hunter-gatherers scoring a sable-toothed tiger. But the truth is, if it's something we really want and we want it NOW, we have no qualms about shelling out retail prices like $100 for a favorite film on laser disc we wanted, or a high-priced Region B copy of something not available in America. We are a quirky and complex, yet ironic bunch.

And, speaking of irony, my copy of It's a Madx4 World has already shipped out of a nearby state and I'll probably get it before anyone who ordered it through Criterion. Oh... there's another quirk of the HTF crowd... crowing about how soon we got something. Nevermind that it will sit on my shelf for weeks before I actually get around to screening it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks