What's new

Criterion Bottle Rocket? (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Dignan: "Okay. There, you see the star is me, right there, and I'll be in there. The X is Anthony. Bob, you're the zero out here in the car."

:)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Well that was said in 2005... almost 3 years ago.

And it has since been confirmed by the director himself. So I'm not sure that statement still holds any merit.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
It's official! Criterion just sent an email announcing their Blu-Ray line, including the first dozen titles. Ten of them are films they already put out on DVD, but they also include Bottle Rocket and the great El Norte. I can only assume that they'll put those out on regular DVD.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I hope Criterion releases SD DVD releases of their Blu-Ray line (especially Bottle Rocket and Chungking Express), otherwise I might be persuaded to finally but a Blu-Ray player!

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
I'm much more excited about Chungking Express! That movie has so, so long deserved good treatment. The R1 Kino is awful and even the other releases are not much better. Hopefully this time they will get the coloring correct, as the R1 Kino editions of Wong Kar Wai's films often went for a "neutral" color palette. A shame they couldn't pick up the rest of his library.

I'm assuming that SD versions of these will follow (because why wouldn't they?).

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It's official! Criterion just sent an email announcing their Blu-Ray line, including the first dozen titles. Ten of them are films they already put out on DVD, but they also include Bottle Rocket and the great El Norte. I can only assume that they'll put those out on regular DVD.
Yeah, it's official that the Blu-ray is coming but until they explicitly announce it on SD-DVD it will be just that, an assumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks