What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (3 Viewers)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Greg Krewet said:
My first thoughts were Ratso Rizzo from Midnight Cowboy. Could Midnight Cowboy be a possibility?
Ratso's certainly not looking well...

(I was expecting the Midnight Cowboy clue to be a diagram of crossing the street, and an arrow to identify that the pedestrian was walking -> here.) ;)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Isn't it obvious? They are separate releases with the bare bones, but then they can release the loaded special edition as a DF release, it'll even have different packaging (digipak) No need for a separate spine number and they won't have to take the DVD and Blu barebones versions out of print.
Moe Dickstein said:
Jose, I'm right there with you, I'm also a spine number collector. No other reason to own Bergman Island...I'd bet anything they will NOT use a new spine number for the re-do though.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Is anyone else having trouble applying the 30% off coupon code to the Zatoichi set at B&N online? I read the fine print and didn't see anything about the offer not being valid because of the Criterion sale so I'm wondering what else is up.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
cineMANIAC said:
Is anyone else having trouble applying the 30% off coupon code to the Zatoichi set at B&N online? I read the fine print and didn't see anything about the offer not being valid because of the Criterion sale so I'm wondering what else is up.
if you look at the bottom of the Zatoichi page (or for that matter, any of the Criterions) at B&N.com it states the following:
Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
lark144 said:
if you look at the bottom of the Zatoichi page (or for that matter, any of the Criterions) at B&N.com it states the following:
Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.

Oh, I never saw that. I kinda figured this was the case, except I have read on other forums that people have been able to apply the discount to this set on top of the current Criterion sale at B&N. The set is already reduced to a very reasonable price but, as I'm making a blind buy, I'd like to spend as little as possible on it.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
cineMANIAC said:
Oh, I never saw that. I kinda figured this was the case, except I have read on other forums that people have been able to apply the discount to this set on top of the current Criterion sale at B&N. The set is already reduced to a very reasonable price but, as I'm making a blind buy, I'd like to spend as little as possible on it.
In stores. And, depends on which store, because the policies vary from one to another.

Do you have any around? If so, what area are you in?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Charles Smith said:
In stores. And, depends on which store, because the policies vary from one to another.

Do you have any around? If so, what area are you in?

Hi Charles. I'm in NYC (Manhattan). There are several stores in my area - the one on 86th Street is the largest I think.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I haven't shopped the Criterion sales in Manhattan, but if I were there I'd sure give 86th Street a try. And isn't that one of the few remaining stores with the media department?

I can say for sure that the large Paramus, NJ (and perhaps Hackensack) stores do not allow coupons on the Criterion sale. It's not even up for discussion, so don't bother asking! :)

But stores in my vicinity (western Connecticut and "lower upstate NY" are very generous in allowing their use. It runs the gamut.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Snagged the last copy at the 86th Street store. Couldn't get the additional discount but I still feel like I made off like a bandit. $122 for 25 films, coming from Criterion, seems like a fantasy so I'm more than happy.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Yeah if you really want to be cheap sometimes you have to travel around to different stores. If the 40% coupon happens and is taken it comes down to $61, and with the 30% coupon I have in hand it's $71.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I've never gone in store with one of those, I was hoping there would be something that looks like an in store printable coupon. But it's worth a try for $10

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Lasermovies over on dvdtalk posted that and he says these two codes may be reveresed. So if you try to use those just tell them you have a code, they will type it in. If one doesnt work ask then to try the other

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
cineMANIAC said:
Snagged the last copy at the 86th Street store. Couldn't get the additional discount but I still feel like I made off like a bandit. $122 for 25 films, coming from Criterion, seems like a fantasy so I'm more than happy.
You should at least have gotten the additional member's 10% -- unless you aren't a member.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks