What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (3 Viewers)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Moe Dickstein said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Ha
My thought was something like "The Mouse That Roared" with all of Europe laughing at them, but that's pretty weak.
Where did you hear Frances Ha? Doesn't Criterion usually take longer with "new" releases, something like this film that is just coming out of festivals shouldn't be on CC until 2014 at the soonest.
The Criterion Forum. Its IFC and Baumbach so I shouldn't be surprised at the speed of the release.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
National Lampoon's European Vacation??I'm not sure either. Various countries in Europe are laughing. Beyond that, nothing comes to mind.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I agree that it's a little strange. Criterion usually teases older films in their newsletter cartoon, but I really don't see how this could be anything other than Frances Ha.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
More StudioCanal titles are going OOP on the 31st

Dear Criterion collectors,
We wanted to let you know that the following titles are going out of print effective March 31:
Army of Shadows
Le doulos
Last Year at Marienbad
Leon Morin, Priest
Mafioso
We have limited stock on hand, and will be selling copies through the 31st, while supplies last. As in the past, we hope to relicense the films so that they can rejoin the collection sometime in the future.
Sincerely,
The Criterion Collection

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Also Le cercle rouge

Fortunately I've seen all of those and bought the ones I want, with the exception of Leon Morin, Priest. Looks like that's going to the top of my Netflix queue....

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Yeah, I was trying to figure out how to edit my post to include it. I copied the announcement from the criterionforum and the person that posted it didn't include Le cercle rouge

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Just saw this on my Criterion forum and came here to post if nobody had yet.The 4 BD titles are still on sale at the CC website, and personally I only needed the 2 DVD only titles (Mafioso, Le Doulos) which I have just ordered (one for a good price on amazon, the other I have reserved at Barnes and Noble where I can use the easter 20% off coupon).OOP announcements always give me chills since I'm going for a complete collection with all the spines, but since I'm about 70% of the way to a full set now, chances are that new OOP I will already own at least lol.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
It isn't a Blu-ray, but I'd recommend people pick up Mafioso. Not only is it a great movie, I think it is, of these six OOP titles, the one least likely to get reissued by Lionsgate.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
3 sellers on Amazon that I tried for Mafioso read instock, then when the order was placed showed a delay, so I just called and put one on hold at BN along with Le Doulos, not taking chances with these OOPs.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Good lord, this is getting to be as cut-throat as hot horror titles from Twilight Time. I see what you mean about Mafioso. All these guys say "temporarily out of stock" but that's got to be an auto-response from their inventory system which doesn't know yet that it ain't coming back into stock. That's the only one of these I need, so I'll keep it on my watch list and catch it sometime later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks