What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Gene Siskel said that Tree of the Wooden Clogs was one of the best films of the 70's and i agree with him. A great film and happy Criterion is releasing a Blu-ray.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'll get Pan's Labyrinth in the next B&N sale, as I already have Cronos and The Devil's Backbone, and much as I like the idea of the box set, I have no desire to double dip for it.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I don't know if i'll buy Boyhood again; probably. and definitely Pan's Labrynth. The Movie was amazing, and was robbed of the Best Foreign Film Oscar.
It's a great film. The problem that year was that The Lives of Others is also a great film. If I had to choose one, I'd personally go with The Lives of Others.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Why even bother? I dumped my Pan's Labyrinth DVD years ago. One tortuous viewing was enough for me, just too ugly and violent. Why no classics, Criterion? You used to be somewhat democratic with your releases.

Mark VH

Second Unit
Pan's Labyrinth is magnificent and I'm grateful to Criterion for releasing it, as it's one of the great theatrical viewing experiences I've had. Also thankful we're getting Boyhood. The rest sound wonderful too. This really has been a banner year for Criterion, who never seem to run out of amazing films to release. Can't wait to see what November has in store.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
El laberinto del fauno and Boyhood are great movie experiences. Of course, as other posters can attest, tastes vary wildly. Pan's Labyrinth is a magical film grounded on a horrific time that is still a gaping wound in Spanish history. Boyhood is about growing up, and well, we all go through that, don't we?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If I've learned anything from this thread its that there's always a new reason to complain about anything AND everything. "WAAAAAH CRITERION HAS ABANDONED THE CLASSICS! NEVERMIND THE FACT THEY RELEASED GILDA, THE KID, ONLY ANGELS HAVE WINGS, DR. STRANGELOVE, THE GRADUATE, THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, HERE COMES MR. JORDAN, DR. STRANGELOVE, CAT PEOPLE, AND NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNICH THIS YEAR! MY FEE FEES ARE HURT!!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Oh for chrisssake....

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If I've learned anything from this thread its that there's always a new reason to complain about anything AND everything. "WAAAAAH CRITERION HAS ABANDONED THE CLASSICS! NEVERMIND THE FACT THEY RELEASED GILDA, THE KID, ONLY ANGELS HAVE WINGS, DR. STRANGELOVE, THE GRADUATE, THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, HERE COMES MR. JORDAN, DR. STRANGELOVE, CAT PEOPLE, AND NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNICH THIS YEAR! MY FEE FEES ARE HURT!!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Oh for chrisssake....

Careful, "Cat People" is cheap horror genre garbage that is beneath Criterion... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks