What's new

Criterion 50% Sale and B&N 11/1 to 11/21 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A couple sites are reporting that the Fall sale will run from 11/1 - 11/21 -- rumor mill is all confused though some BN employees have strongly hinted next week). I'll change the title when dates are confirmed.

50% off all Criterions

I don;t know if they will block Internet discounts from BN.com this time. I hate to link to other forums, but Google search Barnes and Noble Coupon Thread Part 2 and it lists several ways to get 10% discounts without a membership and coupon for BN Members including the 5 of f20 that was abused heavily the last time as well as a 5 off 50.

or if allowed a direct link http://forum.dvdtalk.com/8745328-post1.html

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some unofficial warnings -- won't know how this works out until tried. In the past the $5 coupons would work multiple times with a single BN Rewards card (only once per transaction, but with unlimited refills of the coffee cup) since the computer system didn't seem to hold that information. There are some reports on bluray.com that BN may have plugged that hole and the coupon won't be allowed more than once - so one use 5 off 20 and one time 5 off 50 per account.

There are some 10 and 15% extra codes that might be available instore and on line however.

It would seem silly to feel disappointed at having to buy them at $18

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ditto on those two for me as well Adam. I've been patiently waiting.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My list of wannas

Seven Samarai

Thin Red Line

Charade

Paths of Glory

Night of the Hunter (11/16)

The Magician

House

Modern Times (11/16)

Breathless

Black Orpheus

Possibly:

Antichrist (11/9)

Darjeeling Limited

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence

Crumb

Looks like America Lost and Found, Videodrome, and Chronos will be released after the sale is over.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BN.com is live for orders. Apparently the 10 and 15% will not work again for online orders.

AAA and Library links appear to be active for the extra 10% however.

In store I'm assuming will be active at opening time and the sale is expected to last 3 weeks.

Happy Hunting.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Library link did not work for me. No extra discount was applied.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Really? Guess they changed that.

If you have a Discover Card, you could try using their site's cashback portal to get 10% cashback (and charge it to your Discover Card). That should likely still work.

_Man_

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up Charade for $18.99 with the additional 5% off through the Kraft store link:

The Kraft Bookstore
Savings: Save 5% off your entire order
No minimum free shipping available? Yes

However, the no minimum free shipping didn't work for me so I threw in a $6 paperback to get me over the $25 minimum.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by dpippel

Not sure what the issue might be, I just went to the Library site and added Criterion Charade to my cart.

The Cart at the top of the screen said 1 Disc and 19.99 , but at the checkout screen it shows a $2.00 discount (17.99 price).

Have you tried it again since this morning?

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by David Norman

Not sure what the issue might be, I just went to the Library site and added Criterion Charade to my cart.

The Cart at the top of the screen said 1 Disc and 19.99 , but at the checkout screen it shows a $2.00 discount (17.99 price).

Have you tried it again since this morning?

No. The order I placed went into immediate "cannot be changed" status so there wasn't any point. Most of it shipped yesterday. I'm not sure what was going on because the library link has always worked for me in the past. I cleared my cookies, used multiple browsers, etc. and still couldn't get the discount. No biggie. Probably just bad timing.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I picked up the Charade BD locally yesterday for ~$14, including tax.

For some reason, they wouldn't let me use both (members only) $5 coupons from the same usual set to buy 2 Criterion titles + a book (to reach the $50 requrement for the 2nd coupon) like in the past, so I only picked up Charade for now. AFAIK, those coupons (from the same set) are supposed to be stackable -- and even the site allows them to be stacked (and actually does so via just one coupon code) although the site only allows the code to be used once each.

BTW, there's apparently a new set of (members only) $5 coupons now -- there usually are 2 overlapping sets of them for this sale. And although you can't use them online for this particular sale, you can use them for other titles of interest -- I usually keep a short wish list for that, eg. The Player, American Beauty, M*A*S*H (which oddly was 50%+10% off at the store unlike online), etc. Something to consider, especially if you might want to give their 2-month free membership trial a try (to easily get free "express" shipping for online orders even if you don't have a local B&N store). There might be other nice deals coming w/ the holiday shopping season as well...

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Election Day and I certainly did my Patriot Duty to stimulate the Economy. Unfortunately I think I'm trying to jumpstart it all by myself. Who needs Black Friday?

It was a brutal day in Barnes and Noble today (at least for my bank account) picking several off my Wanted list. Hey, I saved a massive amount of money according to the bottom of my receipts.

No problems using the 5 off 20 coupons more than once

Hit Target (and it hit back) picked up CCBB, SOM

Toys R Us for TS3 -- with the coupons, preorders, and Gift Card it even turned out a little cheaper on the bottom line than at Target since I needed the Combo.

Kwai and Kickass should arrive from Amazon tomorrow.

Is this the Adult version of Post Halloween Chocolate Tummy Ache syndrome?

timmytimmy

Grip
Real Name
Tim
Sigh. Just when I thought I was going to be taking a break on buying until Christmas. Picked up Darjeeling Limited, Charade, Stagecoach, and Seven Samurai. I have been meaning to upgrade Seven Samurai for Criterion's $20 exchange, but the $23 and change I just spent and B&N will cover that, then I can trade in the DVD for some extra cash somewhere. Hooray, capitalism!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Originally Posted by dpippel

The AAA link worked for me after signing into my online member account. I picked up Modern Times, Paths of Glory and The Night of the Hunter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks