What's new

Creepy Commercial (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The Burger King commercial where the guy in bed wakes up next to the Burger King, is nightmare inducing! Not only is the Burger King creepy with that big plastic face and smile, but the narrator has this really scary voice....I turn the channel as soon as it comes on....no commercial has freaked me out this much since the t.v. trailer for the drive-in horror bomb "The Children" where the bus full of singing kids passing the cemetery in the fog. Ok, I'm throroughly creeped out now.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Haha, I keep thinking the Burger King looks really creepy in that commercial myself. If I woke up with him next to me like that, I'd probably have a heart attack.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
My wife will either turn the channel or leave the room. She seriously had a nightmare over this the other night. That big plastic head really freaks her out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I don't understand what BK is aiming for with that ad. It's quite disturbing and certainly doesn't make me want to go to BK.

They changed ad agencies recently, again, and I think they've seriously gone downhill with the latest ad campaigns.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Between this and the Internet Chicken... they're obviously shooting for the serial killer demographic.

Or, well, the "Whopper Heads" groupies. The problem is, I really like BK.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Thank god I'm not the only one who gets the willies seeing that ad:eek:

The whopper head one are a joke as well.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
I think it's one of the funnier commericals out there...sure the Burger King is creepy, and I think that's what they're going for.

I noticed that too, but I think they're actually funny now (I like the Whopperhead ones too). Hey, we're talking about them so they must have been somewhat successful. Not that any of that will get me to go into a BK anytime soon.
Now the real guy they used to have play the Burger King was the thing of nightmares.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I agree- it's creepy. The expression-fixed plastic face, plus all the connotations of waking up in bed with someone. It's like having the Joker or a corpse in your bed.

It's like some ad agency wanted to be clever or provocative, and completely ignored BK's customer base of families.

On the other hand, their Dr Angus ads are great. (Great burger, too.) Are they from a different agency?

If a team on The Apprentice made this ad, they'd be fired.

Have they even showed BK as a person before? If they had had a guy dressed like a king (with his real face) standing in the restaurant waving to people or taking their orders or the like, that would be much better.

What next- an ad with Ronald McDonald waking up in bed with a kid? Maybe with a Michael Jackson tune in the background?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The King is creepy enough, but that narrator's voice just puts it over the top! "And meat, and egg, and cheese.".....yikes!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yep, years ago he used to be used quite a bit in the ads aimed at little kids (like Ronald McDonald for McD's). It was just a live actor dressed up like a King (no creepy fake head).

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I guess those ads weren't too memorable then. I clearly remember the McDonaldland ads from many years ago, but not the BK ones. Did the king have sidekicks?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Glad I'm not the only one. The guy wakes up and just stares at "It", and It just stares right back.

Saw the preview to that movie Grudge back to back with the BK commercial, that was awful. Especially when it shows that little boy screaming but a cat meow comes out of his mouth.

Doug:Li

Stunt Coordinator
I like these ads for being creepy.

ALtho im surprised they want to go this route for thier product.
I'd like to know how they decided on this campaign...heh.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The Burger King had a couple sidekick characters, one I think was a royal jester or something. I read that Geoffrey Guliano, who now writes books about music (he compiled those Beatles interview CDs on the Laserlight label) was the first person to appear both as the Burger King and as Ronald McDonald. He later became a vegetarian and now feels bad about having promoted meat to kids. :laugh:

Now everybody sing:
I'm the marvelous magical Burger King,
I can do most anything!
I make magic and burgers and fries,
And here's something new right before your eyes!

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I hadn't seen that one - that's hilarious although I can see why it freaks people out - it's got that clown/doll vibe to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks