What's new

Credit card warranty "doubling"... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah, this is a general post, but...
Our deep freeze took a dump yesterday taking about $300(wholesale) food with it...yippee.
Of those with input...how long does it take to get a credit card to do anything? Of course, the deep freeze died exactly 14 days after the year anniversary "of delivery". Turns out this particular Frigidaire was a dud. So much for buying a $800 20cf freezer(BB price matched Amazon at the time for $625)...
But sad a deep freeze dies. Of course tried Frigidaire and the response was "It is out of warranty".
Anyway...trip ups, hurdles for a credit card warranty?
BTW, already got the credit card statement, receipt, delivery receipt. Waiting on the "look see" by an appliance repair facility(condition of the credit card warranty) and the claim form(closed on the weekend)...

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I've used American Express's warranty doubling twice - both with video cameras. The first they refunded me the majority of my original cost when it died and was unrepairable. The second they covered a replacement to the LCD screen when it went out a month after the original warranty expired.

I honestly don't recall how long it all took, but it was a few weeks (as opposed to a few months). You need to send in paperwork and an estimate for repairs, IIRC, and they determine if they need to pay to fix or replace.

I didn't have any hassles or endless phone calls, or anything like that. Everything was handled smoothly. YMMV, of course.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks