What's new

create a $2000 HT (1 Viewer)

Lumen_S

Auditioning
ok, im looking to build a new system, with an absolute max budget of $2000. If you were to build a system from scratch for this ammount, what would you do? Oh, yeah, do NOT include a sub...this is for apartment use.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
$2000 was what i budgeted last year for new speaks.
at one time or another i was certain i was going to end up with Magneplanars or Rockets, but i settled on an Ascend Acoustics set.
not only considerably less expensive than everything else i had been looking at, they also honestly sounded the best to my ears (out of EVERYTHING i had listened to in the $2k and under price range).

if i had another $2k to throw around, i'd buy 5 ascend cbm 170s (the next time they go on sale, which used to be quite often) for $750, and either put the rest of the money into the electronics, or the software.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
What do you mean by "system"? speakers- I'll second Ascend Acoustics 170's except I'd hold out for the new Ascend 350? center channel

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I also have the Ascends...CBM-170's in the front, HTM-200's surround, and a Hsu VTF-3.

According to the Ascend site, you can get five CBM-170's for $748.

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
Thats a good question Chris, it seems to have been a while since Ascend has had a sale. I bought my system while they were discounted with free shipping to boot. Ascends are still a bargain at todays price, but everyone likes a sale! :D

Clark F

Agent
I bought a Yamaha RX-V630, Paradigm Esprit 'B' fronts, a Paradigm C170 center and a Paradigm PB-10 sub for about $1400.

Sounds great! :emoji_thumbsup:

ArthurJ

Second Unit
I'm doing the following...

Paradigm Studio 60's
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio 20's

I already got a quote from the local shop and they would give it to me (tax In) for $2440 CAD ($1662 USD) I will be possibly running Rotel seperates, but I'm still researching the subject. This setup is amazing for music and home theater IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks