What's new

Crash in Somerset, Pennsylvania (1 Viewer)

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Either way you look at it(shootdown or retakeover), the people on that plane gave their lives to save the lives of many others, which is probably the most heroic thing anyone could ever do.
I have full confidence that the NTSB investigation will reveal the cause, and the only thing that I thought of while pondering this is the awful guilt the pilot who fired must feel if indeed it was a shootdown. I pray for his recovery as well, as he also would be an unsung hero.
------------------
hfb.jpg

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Jin E

Second Unit
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:28:22 -0400
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,
I think you guys have some surprises coming regarding the plane crash near
here. The rumor mill is going strong among the firefighters who were at the
scene. I'll keep my mouth shut for now (see previous post about security)
but I'm sure it won't be long before some interesting news is reported.
Mark in PA
From what I've been hearing there is more to this crash then what we've been told.
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Even if it was shot down, it was totally justified and I would be willing to bet that the people on board, already knowing what was going on, would have agreed with the decision. A horrible prospect, yes, but entirely plausible (but extremely doubtful).

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Whether the plane was shot down or not, the fact still remains that the men on board voted to overtake the hi-jackers. These men should all receive some sort of posthumous medals for bravery.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Here's something of interest from the Nashua NH Telegraph newspaper web site:
FAA air traffic controllers in Nashua have learned through discussions with other controllers that an F-16 fighter stayed in hot pursuit of another hijacked commercial airliner until it crashed in Pennsylvania, said the employee, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
Controllers have also learned that an F-16 fighter closely pursued hijacked United Airlines Flight 93 until it crashed in southwestern Pennsylvania, the employee said.
Although controllers don't have complete details of the Air Force's chase of the Boeing 757, they have learned the F-16 made 360-degree turns to remain close to the commercial jet, the employee said.
"He must've seen the whole thing," the employee said of the F-16 pilot's view of Flight 93's crash.
Note: I have pasted the relevant paragraphs together as they were scattered throughout a longer article.
Deane

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
deanne - do you have the link? i'd like to read the whole article...
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Users who are viewing this thread