What's new

Crash (2005): 2-Disc Director's Cut - 04/04 (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
What? But I already have the previous DVD! What's the Director's Cut Edition? More information please. (I mean the timing and what has changed!)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
This is a new cut apparently, so are they recording a new commentary? I think the same three people are on the current commentary so maybe it's the same and they just add in some extra for any of the added scenes. Otherwise, aside from a new cut, I'm not sure there's anything new here that would push me to replace the current disc.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
It seems that the new cut is shorter than the old one...
DVD town lists 101. Min.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I wonder if this new cut will make the movie good?:D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I just don't understand the praise centering around this film.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Then why are you posting in a thread about a film that doesn't interest you? Seems like a waste of your time.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
If this is a signifcantly different cut, I don't think LGF should be able to use blurbs like "Oscar Nominated" or "Oscar Winner" should that happen.

Plus, after LGF's treatment of Lord Of War, I wouldn't be surprised to see the DC cropped to 1.78:1 as well.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Well I *hated* the film, but I actually might be interested in seeing a director's cut since one of the problems I had with the theatrical version was that it was too short to really develop the characters in the way other interweaving multi-character films like Magnolia, Nashville or Short Cuts take their time to do.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Whilst I'm a fan of the film, I'm not sure it would have 'warrented' a DC had it not been for all the award nominations...

My advice would be to hold off all purchasing decisions until we know whether or not the new cut dramatically alters the film.

In other words, let's not all jump the gun until we know whether or not this is another all-new unrated style cash-in that studios seem so keen on releasing these days. It could just be a case of shoehorning in a few deleted scenes in the hope of getting a bit of extra revenue in the wake of all those award nominations....

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Since I have seen the movie several times now, but haven't yet purchased it, if it is nothing more than a case of "shoehorning in a few deleted scenes in the hope of getting a bit of extra revenue in the wake of all those award nominations," then I shall certainly be contributing my extra bit of revenue, since I LOVE this film. I also believe it will win for best screenplay, as the writing and dialogue are just superb.

I hope the DC includes more scenes with Ludacris. He delivered an outstanding debut performance and I thought his character was hilarious.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well, I *loved* the film and think it is perfect just as it is.

Far and away the best film of the year and will gladly double dip when this comes out!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I don't like director's cuts with film I love that are actually shorter than the version I have grown accustom too. I can really only think of Alexander, which I have not seen, but I still would rather have a longer cut. Oh, and Dawn of the Dead in which the longer cut is my preferred. There would have to be some really nice features for this 2-Disc'er for me to double dip.

Ryan

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
The acting was great, the direction was average, but the writing was horrible. Screenwriting 101 stuff. I'm sure even George Lucas would shake his head at some of the dialog.

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting quite tired of having multiple versions of my favorite films to select from (it gets frustrating). I'm all for deleted scenes, but most of the time, the theatrical cut gets it right (Kingdom of Heaven being an exception). I'm quite fine with the original cut of this film. I'll keep my current DVD.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I don't have any problem if alongside the new cut, the original version is also provided. I don't really like when we don't get that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks