Cracked DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrettV, Aug 22, 2001.

1. BrettV

BrettV Stunt Coordinator

I purchased a DVD .. opened it ... the DVD was rather stubborn at coming off of the attaching mechanism .. I forced it a bit and it came off .. unfortunately, the DVD cracked on the inner ring ... it isn't interfering with play (it plays through without a problem) ... however, I was wondering I there is anything I can do to stop it from cracking any further ...
    anyone?
    Thanks!
    Brett

2. Andy_S

Andy_S Second Unit

I would exchange it. After spinning at high speeds there's a possibility that it's going to shatter and it could destroy your player along with it.
    ------------------
    Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

3. BrettV

BrettV Stunt Coordinator

I was hoping for a different answer. [​IMG] This DVD is sold out EVERYWHERE .. and it only came out yesterday .. It's Joe Satriani Live in San francisco ... I can't even find it at ebay .. geeze ... There is nothing I can do to fix it? I mean, if I crack a windshield, I call a guy, he comes over and repairs it before it does any real damage .. there's nothing I can do for this one?
    Thanks!
    Brett

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

You might want to get someone else's opinion on this, but it is plastic, so maybe some heat would fuse the crack back together? (match, soldering iron, stove heated blade)
    Glenn

5. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I have a Dire Straits CD that has been cracked for over 5 years now and has not cracked any farther. And this crack even goes half way through the disc and still plays. There are a couple songs it skips on. I would try a dab of crazy glue right by the center to stop that from pulling apart. And perhaps find a case that is a little easier to get the disc out of.
    Wes

6. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor