CP72 Owners...How loud is your player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianGC, Mar 20, 2003.

1. BrianGC

BrianGC Stunt Coordinator

To all CP72 owners, how loud is your player? Specifically I'm wondering how far away from the unit do you have to be before you can't hear the motor during playback. Has anyone tested this with the volume down all the way just to see how loud?

Thanks,
    BrianGC

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I consider mine to be very quiet. My older sony was louder but strangely enough it varried between the disc being played.

3. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I have to get within about a foot of my CP-72 to actually hear it running.

4. Trina

Trina Agent

Mines quiet enough that I've never given it a thought. However, it's on right now and after turning the volume off, I don't hear anything unless I get right up on the player.

T

5. Mark All

Mark All Second Unit

I find mine to be rather loud and clunky when it's changing discs and starting up. When the discs are playing, the transport is audible to me from 12 feet with the receiver muted. I've never noticed the player when a movie has been playing though. It's no louder than other players in its price range though.

6. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

i agree with what MARK said.

7. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The less expensive players with their less robust construction (thinner sheeting) have more audible drive motors. The more robust players probably have similarly "noisy" motors but the sound is dampened by the beefier construction.

My bedroom unit, a lower-end Toshiba, can be noticeably noisy, though not to the point of interfering with the programming.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. (If, however, you start hearing grinding noises or if the chassis begins to vibrate visibibly then there's trouble.)

8. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Agreed: my CP72 is dead silent as far as I can tell unless it is changing disks or skipping scenes/starting playback (pretty noisy then). I'm anywhere between 3-8 ft away from my TV.

9. Greg Yeatts

Greg Yeatts Second Unit

My CP72 is enclosed in a cabinet. I never hear it.