What's new

Cox cuts a deal disabling Ad skipping on DVR VOD! (1 Viewer)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I've never lived anywhere that the cable service wasn't decidedly worse than over-the-air, and with digital the problems are being exacerbated. It's been a major part of my never having subscribed, along with the fact I don't watch much TV.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
decidedly worse than over-the-air, and with digital the problems are being exacerbated

As far as the proverbial drip drip on the forehead, that bothers me too. Digital OTA is not stable, when analogue is finally shut off, I can't imagine the screams if a major play during a super-bowl pixalates. :laugh:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I've never lived anywhere that the cable service wasn't decidedly worse than over-the-air

You must live near the antennae, since that's the opposite of my experience everywhere I've seen cable.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Really? That isn't my experience at all. I don't have problems with the cable service. And I've had it for over 27 years. Not to mention only 5 over the air broadcast channels, vs 300 cable channels.

To go back to what was said earlier, I checked Comcast On Demand, and no matter how many times I press the FF button, it is always on x2.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
If my daughter wasn't addicted to the Disney channel, and my wife addicted to HGTV, I would have canceled cable a long time ago.

OTA sucks unless you live near the broadcaster. Even if you were near one, it's not likely you will be close to all of them. Then there is always the question of the limited number of channels. If you watch mostly major network shows (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) AND you get good reception, I would suggest canceling cable.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
With a nice Yagi antenna on the roof, I get at least 15 television stations, which come in clearly and reliably, although at least 5 are Spanish channels. Meanwhile, the cable service in our area is notorious for just going dark for hours at a time, not to mention the poor picture quality. I've got ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS, Telemundo, Univision, and all kinds of independent stations — a former UPN, a former WB, a couple of religious, shopping channels, an independent which does PAX, another which doesn't. It's a real mixed bag, most of which I have no use for, but one of them does a feed of The Tube™ on its digital -2 channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks