What's new

Covers of Beatles' songs U favour over the original (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's available in the iTunes Music Store as part of Mann's iTunes Originals album.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The preceding track is also titled "I Hate to Hear People Cover Beatles' Songs." :)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I heard the Styx's new cover album, Big Bang Theory, yesterday. It leads off with I AM THE WALRUS. Oh, my, my, it's pale compared to Spooky Tooth's or the Insects' version. It seems so fast the way Styx does it. Them Stix can't sang near as wonderfully and soulfully as Mike Harrison (Spooky dude) either. To me, Styx's Beatle cover ain't the highlight of their intresting cover album.

Jonathan, there's little doubt that Joe made the song far more famous than the Beatles did. He was so, so pop-lar back then. I think I'd rather hear him do it than the Beatles, all in all.:)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Cee, yeah, I were livin' the U.S.A. Hey, Joe Cocker was really popular back then. Stack his popularity on top of Beatles' tunes and those tunes became way more pop-lar, with two big acts doing them. Look at how many posters like Joe. He's stille purr-dy popular.:)

P.S. _ I assume you can't resist crusing this thread looking for heretics, like me...?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks