What's new

Coverart: X-Men 2 (1 Viewer)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
what was wrong with the original poster?

and I really don't get the "X-Men United" tagline. maybe "Mutants United," as that makes sense in context of the movie.

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Looks good! This is the first time I've seen them actually get the title of their own movie right on any of their promotional material. They really screwed up on the theatrical promotions.

It helps they included my two favorite characters (Wolverine and Rogue) prominently. I could have lived without that freak Mystique again, but she's so overused in the movies, so they might as well overuse her in the promotion too. Really nice shot of Halle Berry though too.

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator

what was wrong with that, just movie the logo up top and but the widescreen banner on the bottom, take off the credits and thats it, and its got Wolverine and Storm up front which seems to be the basis for their marketing.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
So what is "X-men United" b/c I know that it is not the title of the movie. For me the title of the movie is what appears at the beginning of the film and they didn't use X-men United in the film. So what was the point in changing the ads days before release if they didn't really change the title. Of coarse it is no big deal just seem stupid and pointless. It is like someone had a brain fart and forgot what the title of the movie was so they just threw everything in: X-Men 2, X2, X2 X-Men United. Make up you mind Fox or Singer, whoever.

About the artwork, original poster art would be better but it doesn't look that bad. I hate that there is a different cover for the fullscreen. I like the characters on the fullscreen better but there is no f---in way I'll buy the fullcrap version. At least the cover is better then that stupid Matrix Reloaded cover.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Now that's some impressive artwork.

Too bad there's no way I'm gonna buy another copy of the first X-Men.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
the movie was fantastic, and i can't wait for the dvd, but this movie had some of the clumsiest graphic ad art i've ever seen.
the dvds cover, while not very original, looks better to me than either of regular ad mat designs.

the only one that really looks professional to me is the original 'teaser' with the door.
i would have been completely satisfied with that as the jacket art, but as long as the a/v is up to the standards of the previous disc, i'll be ecstatic.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Does that X-Men collection boxset include X-Men 1.5 or a new version entirely? I haven't picked up 1.5 so this might be the best oppurtunity to get both films.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I too have the original, and am glad I've held off getting X-Men 1.5. Ideally it'd be nice to get the trilogy boxset, but there's no way I'm waiting for X2. I'll be getting the collection now. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks