What's new

Cover Art - Miracle DVD, a tale of two nations (1 Viewer)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
WHO actually believed the prominent displayed figure in the USA version was Kurt Russell? Not only does it look nothing like Kurt Russell, but Kurt Russell's character was the coach and therefore, did not wear a uniform. Which also makes it strange that people keep saying they used a face to highlight the film's star, since none of the players in the movie were actual stars. If they had wanted to highlight the star, they certainly would have put Kurt Russell on the cover. But they didn't.

True the Canadian Version looks more clearly that the movie is about hockey, and perhaps that is another marketing ploy for the U.S. Version to not display hockey so prominently. Hockey is certainly a Canadian sport, but while it does have its fans in the U.S., it certainly pales in comparison to football, baseball, basketball, and -- amazingly enough -- even Nascar. It's all about Marketing, and whoever was behind the different covers for the U.S. and Canadian versions definitely knew what they were doing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

The quote I often hear is that pro bowling has a bigger audience in the US than hockey. That's hard to believe, and one wonders if they aren't playing with the numbers to make a shocking statement, but I've heard that in more than one place. I never even see bowling. The only thing I know about modern bowling is that the big star is a guy named Pete Weber who used to do this "crotch chop" victory dance. He's stopped doing it now.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I live in Texas. I've played Ice and Roller hockey since 1993. I guess since I've always been so into hockey, it's hard for me to see where people say hockey isn't as big as other sports. I rarely watch other sports, some football games being the only exception.

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

I just watched this on DVD "AGAIN" and I loved it. What a moment in time. USA v. Russia. Cold Ward at its height. Underdog college kids v. professionals and they somehow win it and for me, it transcended sports. Best all-time telegram: beat those commie bastar**. Loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks