What's new

Cover Art: Enter the Dragon (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Gary (and others),

Oh, you can have a different opinion alright. We certainly have no problem with that.

However, if someone posts very specifically about a cover-art he finds awesome, you could express your different opinion a bit nicer.

So, that's why I asked to tone down a bit.
(And don't compare us to other forums! :) )

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Nils,

Yes, it would be - if it wasn't something else. Those reactions were in fact a clear violation of our rules (like, say, rule #3 and #14).

If you have a complaint against one of the moderators or administrators handle this in private email not in the forum. Doing so will result in your membership being removed.

and

Moderators of this forum are not to be argued with when enforcing forum rules and guidelines.

So, I'd say, please go on with the discussions this thread really is about! :)

Cees

Gary Nash

Agent
Hey guys,

Thanks for the support. I'm only dipping into the thread every now and then, but it's proving to be very entertaining.

Sorry my initial observations have caused such a major diversion.
I'm a major fan of Enter the Dragon and am as keen to see it as the rest of you.

I mentioned that the 1973 featurette wasn't being ported over, but on re-reading the spec, I think it may be embedded in the 'Lair of the Dragon' section.

Hey, to add another element of dissent, I think the 'Warriors journey' and 'Curse of the Dragon' docs look like padding. The former concentrates on Game of Death and the latter is a more generic documentary, which can be a little fawning at times. They are probably included as Warners own the rights.

Now if that's classed as a bottom-burp, let the battle commence!!

By the way, what does everyone think of that cover ?

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really looking forward to this. Enter the Dragon is one of my favorite films too. I hope they have done a restoration job on it. The 25th Ann. Edition was the second DVD I ever bought (after the Exorcist) and at the time I thought it was great to finally see it in widescreen again and in DD 5.1 for the first time (my hometown cinema had one speaker back in the 70's). But when I watch the DVD now, after viewing so many pristine DVD's, it really does look like it needs a good clean up.

Does anyone know if this one will include the isolated score that the first one has? If not I will keep the original for that feature alone.

Although I know WB does not own the rights it would of been nice if they had included the Pierre Berton interview as a part of the bonus features. Asking too much perhaps.

The cover? It's OK. Not as good as the original but it sort of has the oriental feel to it. It reminds me of the decor in the banquet room.

Simon Young

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I think the cover art is groovy. A colourful cover for a colourful movie. Black can be so boring, so it's nice to see something a little more eye-catching from time to time.

Sign me up for this one. Even if they don't include a new transfer (which they should), I'd get it just for the extra documentaries and so I could retire yet another snapper case. Shame about the isolated score though...but to be honest, I could just buy the soundtrack.

What's next, eh? A 2-disc version of The Exorcist?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks