What's new

Could the WGA strike produce more babies by next year? (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I doubt it; TV's just too diversified now a-days, and people are just too busy. It does tend to happen after blizzards or hurricanes, for whatever reason.:)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I TIVO the evening news and watch it when I get home from work. The only weekly show I watch or have any interest in whatsoever is NCIS. It's possible the strike could affect NCIS, I don't know how far in advance each episode is filmed.

Quite correct. My wife and I work different schedules. Usually the only time we see each other is on Saturday afternoon for an hour or two before she goes to work, all day Sunday, Monday evening for a couple hours when I get home from work and long enough each morning at 5AM to get a quick kiss and an I love you before I have to go.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Despite what I said above, I doubt it. The mere absence of TV isn't going to be enough to drive most married couples into spending more time together. The only class of people who will have significantly more time on their hands as a result of the strike are the writers themselves - and most of them had trouble getting laid when they still had jobs. :)

Regards,

Joe

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

I follow a couple of shows--over the air hdtv can be very nice indeed. It's the highest resolution source available in my house.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

I haven't watched a "tv show" for over 20 years now, and stopped watching tv news over a decade ago. My sister often says it's amazing that the guy who owns the fanciest "tv" she knows (me) doesn't ever "watch television". :laugh:

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I can relate to that. I have a front projection system but I don't even have cable! All I have is a Samsung ATSC receiver which can pick up only the French and English CBC services here in Montreal.

Come to think of it, if I actually bothered to leave the house from time to time instead of always sitting in front of my big screen, I probably would have found a girlfriend to impregnate by now! :D

King Ghidora

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Phelps
More likely we'll see an increase of divorces than a baby boom anyway. If married people actually have to listen to each other then I see bad things in their future. :)

Just kidding. I think most people spend time watching news and reruns instead of new tv shows. There are those reality things. I still don't get that. I can see reality out my window.

I went for about 12 years and didn't even own a tv but I guess I watch it now. It's mostly news and sports and reruns for me. That's what happens when your health fades and you get too old to worry about making babies. One of my babies is in graduate school and the other is in college too. It's pretty much impossible that I'll be having any more. :)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
No sports (not terribly interested)
No news (nytimes.com among others, and occassionally NPR will provide)
No reality programs
But plenty of "well-written" dramatic programs, the vast majority of them in HD. My viewing habits will run straight into the writer's strike.

Everybody has their own eccentricities when it comes to Home Theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks