What's new

Corvette Summer: We NEED this DVD. (1 Viewer)

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
ABSO-FREAKIN'-LUTELY!!!

I loved this flick. I can remember watching it with my older brother on HBO repeatedly in the late 70s/early 80s. It still shows up occasionally on TBS. I watch it every time. I have always hoped/half-expected to see this turn up the $5.88 bin at WalMart.

Of course, my brother and I wanted to grow up and be just like the character in the movie, to become independent and leave home in our teens by earning a living working on cool cars. I always wanted to try sleeping in a U-Haul trailer, too. Seemed kinda cool when I was ten.

Alright, who wants an Everything Dog?!?!? If you drive, I'll treat!

PS Anybody remember a late 70s flick with Bruno Kirby Jr. called "Almost Summer?" I don't think this one is even available on VHS.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
PS Anybody remember a late 70s flick with Bruno Kirby Jr. called "Almost Summer?" I don't think this one is even available on VHS.
yeah i remember this one.
it co-starred Didi Conn, iirc.
it played a lot on HBO when i was a kid and probably watched it 5 or 6 times in a month :).
i would buy it just for nostalgia value- same with Corvette Summer.

but only if they were OAR ;)

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I think it is still a really good film that holds up today... for the most part. I would shell out $20.00 for it, just for the memories alone. When the film was released, back in the day, I was able to get a ride in both the Corvette and Van. My dad was a photographer and did some promotion stills for the people that built both the Vette and Van.

Another film, that falls under the same nostalgic feeling, that I would like to see on DVD is Damnation Alley with George Peppard and Jan-Michael Vincent. This one also shows up from time to time on TNT.

As for Corvette Summer... had I known that it was going to be on... I would have recorder it onto DVD with my Panny E80 just to have a clean copy of it. My VHS copy is just terrible now.

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
Heads Up!!! Just thought I'd let all of you Corvette Summer fans know... although it isn't as good as a DVD release, but ActionMax (#227 for Cox O.C.) is going to show it this SATURDAY at 6:30am (01-31-04). I already have my Panasonic DVD Recorder set to go. Enjoy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
And I thought I was the only one. This is easily my most wanted movie not on dvd. There's a movie novelization of it also - great read and adds new scenes to the movie - highly recommended if your a fan!

Was Mark Hamill in Damn Nation Alley? What about Laser Blast?I saw both in the theater in the 70's.
Jan Michael Vincent was in Damnation Alley and Kim Mulford (also in Corvette Summer) was in Laserblast. Sadly, he has since passed away. :frowning:

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Anybody know for certain what the OAR was for Corvette Summer? INHD2 will probably show it in 1.78:1 regardless, which is okay if it was 1.85, but not so okay if it was 2.35:1.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
It appears that there will be six titles on August 30.

Almost Heroes
Corvette Summer
The Gumball Rally
Hero At Large
Quick Change
Wiseguys

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Definitely will get Hero At Large and will consider Corvette Summer. I'd like to see Cotton Candy released at some point. Anyone know this movie? Ron Howard, set in Dallas. I want to see it again because it shows Town East Mall how it used to be. And, scenes inside Lake Highlands High School. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks