What's new

Corrupt Data.....On my PS3? (1 Viewer)

Richard_T

Second Unit
I've had this problem with my PS3 now for a while and I've finally got around to trying to find out why this is happening. I use my PS3 to view pictures that are on the HD of my PC. My problem is that though I can see them on my PC just fine, I get a "Corrupt Data" notice on my PS3. These pictures have not been changed or altered in any way.

Not all the pictures get this notice. Most (say 80%) work just fine. What may also happen is that I can see the thumbnail picture but when I click on it, the picture never comes up and I get the "Corrupt Data" notice.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone please let me know what the problem is? My PS3 is a first generation 20 GB model that works perfectly well. I am looking upgrading the HD when I get the chance.

Thanks for your help

Richard_T

Second Unit
They are just regular jpeg files. Like I said, this doesn't affect all the pictures. Just some of them for some reason.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I get this with music files (mp3's) on my 60gb ps3 launch machine as well, the files play fine on my pc and through a CD-R but will not always work on the ps3. This only occurs on 20% of the files.

I don't have a solution.

Richard_T

Second Unit
Hmmm. It seems from the low number of replies that this problem does not affect all PS3 owners...

I wonder if this a "Launch Machine" problem that the first generation systems had that may have been fixed for later versions. Perhaps an e-mail to Sony may help?

And Keith, I get this problem with some of my mp3s as well.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've had it the odd time with the odd video file using the media server software thing. I find that when I refresh the server, the PS3 recognizes them again. My guess is the PS3 looks at the drive, "remembers" the files and if anything changes like the file name or whatever, it goes wacky. Just a guess though, and I've never loaded media onto the PS3 itself.

efauser

Auditioning
Real Name
eric
I bought the PS3 last week and easily set it up. I spent a few days getting my music files cleaned up and was ready to go today. I had played a few songs tweaking tversity and all was good. Tonight I tried to stream music and about 1 minute into a song it would move to the next song telling me the file was corrupt. I just linstalled Windows 7 yesterday and am wondering if there's an issue with it or is this something else that's easily fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.