Copland

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Ferguson, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Just watched this film and the DVD left me wanting more. The transfer was very medicore IMO. Also the extras, the trailer has a crap load of footage in it that didn't make it into the film. Any chance of this film becoming a Vista Series disc or anything like that?

2. Steve Simm

Steve Simm Stunt Coordinator

I would like to see a version of this film with many of the scenes from the trailer added to the movie. It did seem like a lot was missing. I enjoyed the film and thought the transfer was pretty decent- but it has been a couple of years since I've seen it so maybe the picture is worse than I remember.

3. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

First, Sly was "adorable" in this movie with his chubby cheeks and what-not. I kept wanting to call him, B.J. (as in Brandon Joseph... not "the other bj"). I loved the movie and I too want more. However, I have yet to buy the dvd. Maybe I'll wait longer in case of a SE.

4. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Don't know if it will become a Vista edition, but I do know the MSRP has been lowered to fifteen bucks. Maybe this is a way of dumping inventory of the bare-bones disc in antcipationof a better release, as was true with TOMBSTONE.

5. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Does this DVD have a commentary track? There is one on the laserdisc and I seem to remember picking up the laser because it something different from the DVD.

6. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

The LaserDisc had a commentary and Deleted scenes on it. As for the DVD, just a trailer. This one deserves the SE treatment I think.

7. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Copland is a pretty good movie - one of Sly's better efforts and a very strong supporting cast as well. I wouldn't mind having a special edition for this one.