What's new

Coollector: new FREEWARE for movie lovers (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

These were originally theatrical shorts shown before feature-length films. More recently they have become part of television packages sold to local affiliates, but make no mistake about it...they are theatrical films!

Hector_

Agent
I apologize to all the purists out there, but the Looney Tunes will be in the series catalog, whatever you might say.

Let me explain: series will be treated quite differently than movies. Episodes will be handled, with individual description for each episode. Seasons will also be handled when it makes sense. Etc...

There will be 1 entry for Bugs Bunny, which will gather all the cartoons with Bugs Bunny in it. In the medias availables, you'll find the Looney Tunes Coollection.

It'd be really bad to have the Looney Tunes in the movies catalog, with as many entries as there are Bugs Bunny cartoons, Speedy Gonzales cartoons, Sylvester & Tweety cartoons, etc...
What a mess it would be !

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
What about the Bugs Bunny cartoons with Daffy Duck in them?

Why don't you put the Charlie Chan series of movies under one series and all of those East Side Kids films, and Laurel & Hardy, The Three Stooges, James Bond, Sherock Holmes, Carry On, and Godzilla while you are at it. All films staring Charlie Chaplin will be placed under one series too.

Hector_

Agent
The Three Stooges are not in the movies database.

The frontier between movies and series won't be hermetic, though. For instance, the James Bond movies are in the movies database, and they will also be in the series database. Charlie Chaplin's bum character could also be considered as a series, and why not Buster Keaton too. Yet another example: The Dragon Ball Z series has produced a few movies in theater. Those movies are in the movies database, and will also be in the series database, along with the TV episodes, because it's a whole, but TV episodes would just not fit in the movies database...

All this makes sense if you remember the specific way I have told you series will be treated.

To sum it up, the Looney Tunes, though they are short movies, will be in the series database because they'll be much better there.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I have not had the chance to deal with it yet as I will not be able to use the computer I installed this on until this weekend.

I do not feel that short subjects will be beter in a TV series database but it is your program so do what you will. Might I suggest not labeling them as television but Theatrical Short Subject instead? Still there are plenty of short subjects that do not belong to any series.

Hector_

Agent
I never said that it would be a _TV_ series database. I talked about a series database ! Of course, TV produces most of the series. TV series will have the genre "TV".
I did not place in the movies database the Looney Tunes & Al become it would have created too much mess. On the contrary, they will fit perfectly in the series database. Trust me, it will be much better organized this way.

Hector_

Agent
"Congratulations, You have been approved for datafeed access!"

Hooray ! That was long, but that was worth waiting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks