What's new

Convection Oven? (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
My mother wants to buy a small convection oven, one of those countertop varieties and not too expensive. Maybe $70 tops. I know nothing about these and don't know a good one from a bad one. Anyone with experience with small convection ovens and can recommend a model?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Alan,
I don't think this helps but we got a Cuisinart for Christmas last year and love it. Cuisinart being a nicer brand will cost you more. I don't know about the cheaper brands but with small appliances I've always felt you got what you paid for.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
My wife just checked a bunch of "Cook's" magazines from the library, edited by Christopher Kimball of "America's Test Kitchen", shown locally on PBS. Good show, seems unbiased, and the mag reviews many products (think Consumer Reports for kitchen stuff).

June 07 issue reviews "toaster/convection" ovens and most disappointed the review team. Recommended model was the $199.99 Krups 6 Slice Digital, model FBC412. Only complaint was the baking pan's non-stick peeled in a few places. Toaster and Convection performance was the best.

Recommended w/reservations: $98.95 Oster Counterforms Digital (Model 6292) and the $ 179.00 Cuisinart, Model TOB-175BC

5 models were not recommended such as Hamilton Beach model 31180, De'Longhi model EO1258, Rival model C0606, Black&Decker model CTO 100, and the Toastmaster COV760B.

Try tracking the article at Cook's Illustrated-Recipe Resource

Good Luck

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
We have a microwave that mounts over our oven. It died a couple years ago so we replaced it with one that is also a convection oven. This option is a lot more than $70 though. We didn't necessarily need a convection oven, but it is nice to have two ovens available. It's a big help when we do holiday dinners.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks