What's new

Controlling the "Wire Jungle" (1 Viewer)

JeffPh

Agent
I've finally got all of my stuff connected for my HTS. Before I push the entertainment center back against the wall, I'd like to clean up the "jungle" of wiring back there. Its seems like I remember something about keeping certain wires away from others to avoid interference. Before I start zip-tying stuff together, I need to know what wires can be lumped together...and which ones need to be away from each other.

My thinking is, keep all speaker wires together, all power cords together, and all composite/component together. Is this right?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You have the bundles right: speaker wires, power cords and interconnects.

You can help things by putting the receiver/amp on the bottom shelf. This allows all those speaker wires to flow out without obscuring other things.

Dont use Zip Ties. They dig into the rubber insulation and you have to use wire cutters to remove them. Get some of the plastic pipe with a slit up the side sold at Radio Shack and just stuff the wires. It holds them nicely and you can just tug them out later. Velcro cable ties are much softer and easier to use than the nylon zip ties.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I use wire loom like you find under the hood of your car as I just happen have some sitting around from where I :clears throat: used to work:b

Bhavesh P

Grip
I even use the split loom for my computer wires and for $0.19/foot for 1/2", you can't go wrong. I'm not sure if car stereo practices fall through to home theater, but if you need to have power wires pass speaker wires, cross them perpendicular to each other to avoid noise.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I use wire loom for a few visible runs, but I have found that plain old velcro straps, well placed, keep the wiring together just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks