What's new

'CONTRA: SHATTERED SOLDIERS'. I cannot wait for this one!! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I used to rock at the original Contra and it's sequel Super C back in the day, and i've been reading up on this new incarnation of my old favorite...it's going to kick ass!
Hurry up October!

Andre F

Screenwriter
It does look very cool. Let's hope it's good and it sells well so we can get some 2-D gaming goodness on the next gen consoles.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I'm totally with you guys, I hope it does really well. There is nothing wrong with a 3d rendered 2d game. In fact I hope the style takes off, might inspire Sunsoft to do a nextgen Blaster Master that way...

Dean

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I'm concerned about with the new contra is that there aren't any powerups. You have your 3 weapons and thats it.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'm really looking forward to this game. Contra is one of my all-time favorite games. I'm thrilled that Konami has kept it 2D.

Mike, I hadn't heard about only being able to use 3 weapons. Got any more info on that?

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Dean,
In fact I hope the style takes off, might inspire Sunsoft to do a nextgen Blaster Master that way...
:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: :D
What an awesome idea. While nostalgia alone convinced me to get 'Blasting Again' for the PSX, one cannot fathom the joy I would feel at an announcement of a next-gen 2D Blaster Master.
-j

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The one aspect of the gameplay that's been somewhat of a concern to us is that you always have access to the same three weapons and never pick up any power-ups. We miss the glory days of jumping out on a ledge in Contra, just to get the spread shot at that key moment when it would be most useful. Having all the weapons all the time makes Shattered Soldier a more tactical game, but you lose some of the incentive to do anything but just keep firing.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
up up down down left right left right b a b a
Josh,
Wasn't it one b a then start at the end not b a b a?
I've done that code a thousand times it seems, but perhaps I'm wrong that was quite some time back. :)
One thing not in question is Contra on NES was extremely hard without that code.
BTW I'm really looking forward to this 2D Contra as well.
Long live 2D gaming!
Todd

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the link Mike.

Having only 3 weapons is a bit of a bummer, but the game still looks great. It's odd having all 3 at the same time, even though Contra for SNES allowed you to switch back and forth between 2 weapons.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm glad someone metioned the old cheat code for getting the 30 extra men, good memory! :emoji_thumbsup: However I got to the point where I could defeat the game AND turn it around with only my first guy! :)
:done patting myself on the back: :D

Phil_O

Stunt Coordinator
That Contra for SNES was the best one IMHO! Anybody ever play the one they made for PS1? The overhead view one? It really sucked a big one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks