What's new

Contacted BBCA, no Blake 7 or Tripods, but Dr Who The Lost In Time Col & Allo Allo 2 (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I would like to see Scream Of The Shalka. It wasn't the best, and it did have some flaws, but dammit, I liked it.

As for the rest - Death Comes To Time has been released on audio CD by the BBC, and on MP3 CD, apparently with the animations, etc. I haven't seen DCTT, so I'll be interested in seeing what the fuss about this story is.

Real Time and Shada are available on audio CD from Big Finish - I don't know about Shada, but Real Time works really well in audio form (it's the only way I have heard the story).

Personally, I really liked the animation on Shada. Yes, it is very simple and not up to release standards (characters faces don't move when they talk, and it's like the animator drew a couple of different pictures for each character and then moved them around - very very very basic) but I quite liked that. Very stylish. Would like to try and capture it onto DVD somehow for my own viewing.

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye

On the way back to Gallifrey, they encounter the CVE which leads them into E-Space, and the rest is history...

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Official details about the Region 1 release of the "Lost in Time" collection have been released by BBC Worldwide Americas. Still no word about the Region 2 release (but BBC Video there is notorious about keeping quiet about non-secrets).

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php...luZVEFDRWkyrXd
http://www.pressenter.com/~stevenma/Latest.html

Every orphaned episode (including the newly discovered Dalek Master Plan Ep. #2) will be included, but nearly complete stories like "The Invasion" and "The Ice Warriors" will be held back. Warner will be distributing the Hartnell (1 disk) and Troughton (2 disks) collections separately and together. No word on levels of restoration (because BBC Video still won't let Steve Roberts talk about these disks publicly).

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Sounds good but I wonder about that never broadcast in the US bit. I know my local PBS showed at least one, maybe two stories that were not complete although I do not recall what they were. I remember them talking about it during a pledge drive. Perhaps they are part of the ones now complete enough to present as solo releases.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
That set sounds great. I've got/seen about half those orphan episodes on tape, but haven't seen a lot of clips or the documentary. Haven't heard the complete "Crusade" either. The price isn't too bad for a BBC either. I wish all Doctor Who (especially the old stuff) was released in sets. November release. Yikes. That'll set me back with the Original Star Trek coming out at the same time.

Coincidentally, I just got a fan (Loose Cannon) reconstruction of The Dalek MasterPlan in the mail yesterday.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
A slightly more accurate feature list for the "Lost in Time" sets can be found here, provided by Steve Roberts himself.

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php...ApyFyuNicpWZZW

The main news is confirmation that every episode in the set was VidFIREd except for The Crusade: Episode 1. The tramline scratch in the existing 16mm film print made that process pointless. Detailed commentary track info can be found in that article. Also, the entire "The Missing Years" documentary will be included on Disk 3 with a short update section tacked onto the end.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
And the list has also been posted by Steve Roberts on the Doctor Who Restoration Team Forum website. See http://www.purpleville.pwp.blueyonde...iTContents.doc

If anyone was wondering - the updates to The Missing Years documentary will be in the form of text at the end of the documentary detailing the two episodes found after the documentary was made. The main body of the documentary (complete with now outdated statements that there will never be any more missing episodes found) will remain as originally shown.

Note that the audio episodes of The Crusade and The Moonbase are the straight audio versions, with no narration to explain any visual action. Nor will there be copies of the telesnaps (photos taken of the show by literally pointing a camera at the TV showing the program) be included. The good news is that the telesnaps have been arranged with explaining text to form a photonovel - I imagine these would be useful to explain any confusing visual action in the audio episodes. These can be accessed at the BBC website here.
Telesnaps of The Crusade and The Moonbase are both available.

An audio version of The Moonbase with narration is available for purchase in the BBC Radio Collection CD range, and The Crusade is likely to be released in the future.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
This is great news to me! Thanks Tory!
I also contacted them about "Open All Hours" but it's not being planned, but I'm glad 'Allo 'Allo! S2 is!
These two and "Are you being served?" are my very favorite britcoms of all time. (Amoing others of course!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks