What's new

Constant C:13:00 Errors with Sony S570D DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I have a fairly new Sony S570D dvd player that has started to give me nearly constant C:13:00 errors on dvds, especially single layer ones. For those without Sony players C:13:00 errors means that the disk is dirty and needs to be cleaned. However, even after repeatedly cleaning some disks the player still won't play the dvd. My PS2, Xbox, and DVD-ROM all play the disk which rules out the disk being dirty or damaged yet the Sony player won't read it. On some occasions the disk will play but if I turn off the player and try to resume play a while later the error message comes back up again and it takes forever to get the disk to play again if it ever does. Does anyone have any clues as to why this player has started doing this? I kinda think it's due to the fact that I have the windows open in my room which makes it very dusty. I'm leaning towards a dirty lens being the cause of the problem since most dual layer disks play without a problem while single layer dvds cause the player to choke or just crap out on me. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent lens cleaning application to see if that will fix the problem. I really don't want to buy a new dvd player as I really like this one and I have my universal remote already optimized for it. Plus it's silver dammit.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
It's really confusing that this nearly new player can't handle a few BUMPs in the road. Little help please guys, this thing is really taking some of the joy out of my dvd viewing. :frowning:

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Yes try that method described in that link.

I've done it myself on my 570 even though I really didn't need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks