What's new

Considering Sale of Home Theater. Where do I start with priceing (1 Viewer)

KirkMango

Auditioning
Real Name
Kirk Mango
I am considering selling my much loved home theatre. May want to upgrade someday but right now, need $$$$ for other home projects. The original systme ran for around $17,000.00. However, the projection TV is one of those old big Sony boxes, which I couldn't sell now and ran around $3300.00 when new. That brings the price of the sound system to around $14,000.00 original pricing (but that included wiring and installation. Anyway, here is what I am looking to sell and would like to know if anyone can direct me to where I can get legitimate, fair pricing for these components.
7.1 System:
B&K Ref 30 - updated with most recent software that was available
Ref 30 Remote
B&K Ref 2220
B&K Ref 7250
Sony SACD/DVD Player S/9000ES
Mirage OM5 fronts
Mirage OMC2 center
MIrage OMR2 surrounds
Rel Storm III Sub-Bass System
60" Sony XBR 300 Projection TV
Ok, I think that is it. Can anyone tell me fair market value for these components?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
You can join this http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/bb.pl or ask someone who is a member. You can search places like Audiogon to see what others are listing the same equipment for.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Some of the pricing may be a bit different depending on condition. A search of Rel yields this - http://app.audiogon.com/listings?utf8=%E2%9C%93&global_search_text=rel
I have two Rel Storm IIIs myself. Great subs, particularly for music. I sold my Sony DVPS 9000ES many moons ago.

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
Check Ebay. I know the Ref 30 will fetch about $300
The Amps should be solid, holding their value, but since the processor does not handle BluRay or HDMI, the value on the used market is not too good. If it has the Ref 31 upgrade then it can decode DD signals from BluRay over the Digital RCA connector for a 5.1 signal. DTS should be fine on a Ref 30, or 20 for that matter

Burnaby

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
I have a 51. system with Mirage speakers. Would you sell the OMR2 speakers separately?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks