What's new

Conrad Bain - RIP (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just saw the news that Conrad Bain died, at the age of 89. http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=785533 Rest in Peace, Philip Drummond!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That's too bad. I am sure I'm not the only one to think "wow, he was still alive?" That show was a looooong time ago. Consider this: If Todd Bridges hadn't turned his life around, Bain probably would've outlived all of his TV children.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This is really a downer. He's been present in a good percentage of my memories of watching TV.

Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
Consider this: If Todd Bridges hadn't turned his life around, Bain probably would've outlived all of his TV children.

Sadly, I couldn't help but think that. But living to be nearly 90 and being in American households for 14 years on 2 hit TV series (he was also Arthur Harmon on Maude) is a life well-lived, I'd say.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
That's too bad. I am sure I'm not the only one to think "wow, he was still alive?" That show was a looooong time ago.
Ditto. The same when I heard Jack Klugman died. I guess I'm getting so old I assume these people who were old when I was a child are already deceased.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
When I think of Conrad Bain, the first show that comes to mind for me is Dark Shadows. Although he was only in a handful of episodes, he was actually a lot of fun to watch in it. At times he was also quite humorous, especially when he had dialogue with Sam Evans (both Sam 1 and Sam 2). http://darkshadows.wikia.com/wiki/Conrad_Bain

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks