Conrad Bain - RIP

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Walter C, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    Just saw the news that Conrad Bain died, at the age of 89. http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=785533 Rest in Peace, Philip Drummond!

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    That's too bad. I am sure I'm not the only one to think "wow, he was still alive?" That show was a looooong time ago. Consider this: If Todd Bridges hadn't turned his life around, Bain probably would've outlived all of his TV children.

3. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    This is really a downer. He's been present in a good percentage of my memories of watching TV.

Sadly, I couldn't help but think that. But living to be nearly 90 and being in American households for 14 years on 2 hit TV series (he was also Arthur Harmon on Maude) is a life well-lived, I'd say.

4. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    Ditto. The same when I heard Jack Klugman died. I guess I'm getting so old I assume these people who were old when I was a child are already deceased.

5. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    When I think of Conrad Bain, the first show that comes to mind for me is Dark Shadows. Although he was only in a handful of episodes, he was actually a lot of fun to watch in it. At times he was also quite humorous, especially when he had dialogue with Sam Evans (both Sam 1 and Sam 2). http://darkshadows.wikia.com/wiki/Conrad_Bain

6. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell