Connection problem with my sub

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ed dy, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ed dy

ed dy Auditioning

Hi guys,

I have tried to research this as much as possible but can't seem to "voice" my problem enough.

I want to connect this subwoofer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the top left of the latter image is a 5.1 input.

To this amplifier (yamaha RX V430)

[​IMG]

The RCAs in the picture of the subwoofer are outs only, not inputs.

I don't mind DIY if I can change the connector in anyway possible. Also, if there is any other forums you know of that could help me out with this i'd be really thankful.

Id just love to hear a response

Please don't just flame me, if i can improve this post in anyway: let me know! attract more flies with honey then vinigar

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Where did that sub come from? The input looks like a DIN connection to the left of the RCAs. If it came from a HTiB (home theater in a box) then it is probably a proprietary system and it will be difficult to impossible.

3. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    I was trying to figure out why a sub would have a dedicated RCA L/R out. It being part of a HTiB could be one explanation.

4. ed dy

ed dy Auditioning

cheers for the replies guys. it really annoys me i cant use it (would love to get some deep bass happening)

but it came from the internet - should have researched better but it was really cheap so i thought why not. almost got an amp/receiver that it would have worked with but it turned out to be an anchor.

sounds like it is was meant as a HTiB.