What's new

Connecting TV to Receiver? (1 Viewer)

Tho

Auditioning
Question, right now I have an older model Panasonic 27" TV with just regular composite rca connectors. I also have a Pioneer dolby digital reciever with 5.1 speakers. The way I have it set is, I have my xbox connected to the receiver through optical digital audio (a/v advanced pack) and then the video from xbox to the TV. Is there a way I can connect the TV to the receiver so I can watch tv and listen to it through the speakers? I know I wont get dolby digital with TV lol

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
If the Panasonic has standard audio outputs on the back you can connect it to the receiver and hear programs in two-channel stereo.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
If your tv has rca audio out connectors you can hook that up to the receiver. If not you need something like a vcr or cable box that will have the rca audio outs. I always thought it would be a great idea to put coaxial connectors on receivers, but I am sure for some obvious reasons they can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks