Connecting through VPN on a Linksys wireless network

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Daniel Kikin, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I've got two PC's on a Linksys wireless network that I need to use VPN with. The PC that's connected directly to the router (BEFW11S4) is okay but the one with a wireless USB network card isn't connecting. Anyone else have this problem before?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

Dan, is the USB PC using DHCP? Perhaps the NAT in the router is causing an issue. Is the main PC in the DMZ, or forwarding? I assume it (USB PC) can still send out the VPN info, but perhaps the authorization can't find it's way back in. What kind of error are you getting?

Tom

3. Daniel Kikin

Thanks for your help Tom, I'm getting a login failed message, so it may be that the SecurID token needs to be resynchronized. I've spoken to other people with similar setups and they haven't run into this problem, so I'm going to try to eliminate SecurID before I play around with the router. Also, the USB PC is using DHCP.

4. Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold Stunt Coordinator

Sounds good, exhuast all your SecurID ideas first, and let us know what happens... I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Tom

5. Daniel Kikin

Thanks Tom, I probably won't have a chance to revisit this until Sunday or Monday so I'll update you then.