What's new

Connecting PC to Panasonic HDTV (1 Viewer)

NTL1991

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick Lester
I've recently acquired a 47" Panasonic HDTV with bad convergence IC's for free and have fixed it to like new condition. I previously had a 32" Sharp CRT which was connected to my "music station" PC via S-Video and it worked fine but was a little fuzzy. The computer has an ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card with VGA, S-Video and Composite outs on it. So I picked up a VGA to Component cable thinking I could hook it up from the card to the new Panny, but I got no image. Researching this topic, I found out that using this type of cable for this application will not work.

The TV has a DVI-D input but the manual states:

"The DVI/HDCP input terminal complies with the EIA-861Profiles standard and is
not intended for use with personal computers."

In the troubleshooting portion of the manual it states that for a black screen and no sound, make sure a PC is not connected to the DVI interface...

What are my options for getting High Definition output onto this TV?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Sounds to me like you are going to need to upgrade your video card on your PC. I am using a ATI HD2400XT which is a basic card with DVI that comes with a DVI to HDMI dongle. Does your Panasonic have an HDMI input? If not you can get a DVI to RBG/S Video dongle to plug into your Panni.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks