connecting hdtv to powerd subwoofer

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by swamprat, Jan 17, 2012.

1. swamprat

swamprat Auditioning

I am new here and spent hours looking, Really glade to see you all here, I have a LG 37LG50 tv 1080 p My sub is a new KEF c4 series sub 200watts Has controls for things like crossover and things ,otherwise not really sure,it does need a rca cable for the sub,, does it work in the back of the tv, thanks brian

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    A quick look at the manual shows that you only have digital audio out (not compatible with the sub) and a set of stereo analog out outputs. Unfortunately, the analog outputs are not variable. So no matter what volume the TV was set to, the sub would be playing full blast. Most of us connect our TV's to our A/V receiver along with our sub.

3. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    You can't hook a sub directly to the back of a tv. The tv doesn't have a subwoofer output. You need a soundbar that has a subwoofer output (not all of them do) or a home theater receiver (which would require seperate speakers as well). Robert beat me to it again! But I'm getting closer (less than a minute this time). :)

4. swamprat

swamprat Auditioning

Thanks for the info, its all coming back to me. I have a better understanding. Ive been the before so your input is exactly what i needed... gonna see how a sound bar works.