What's new

connect wii to denon avr 1709 amp (1 Viewer)

bobhell

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Hellewell
I am using my wii as a netflix player. I want to connect it to my denon 1709 amp. I connected it using component cables to input 3 - vcr. I assigned comp 3 to vcr using the setup option. I am using HDMI to connect to my Hitachi 55" Plasms TV. I get sounbd but no video signal. What am I doing wrong?

Thankyou

bobhell

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Hellewell
Do I need to connect component video cables direct to tv? I turned on the conversion in setup, will this amp convert component to hdmi?

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I also run a Wii through a Denon AVR (don't remember model number). There should be no problem with running the component cables to the receiver, then HDMI to TV. That's what I do and it works great. I would suspect that something about your assignment setup in the Denon isn't quite right (the Denon menus are not the most implicit I've ever seen).

bobhell

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Hellewell
Hi Brian - thanks for the reply - apparantly I have an early Denon model that does not up convert analog to digital. I think I have to buy a Wii2HDMI adaptor and then use a HDMI cable.

Thanks again.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
You're right, your model won't convert analog video to HDMI. That Wii2HDMI looks like a good solution.

Users who are viewing this thread