What's new

Concept Albums: A Music Tournament (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
While "Abstain" would be my middle name in this tourney, I'm going to make sure one of the true concept albums among the nominees gets in.

Automatic:

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - Genesis

I almost automatic'd The Ninth Wave by Kate Bush, but that's only a concept side. Then I noticed Lamb wasn't yet in.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I had nominated Lamb Lies Down, and I think it was seconded too. So you could have just thirded it.

Ziggy Stardust is already in the tourney.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Looking into albums I suggested I found that Sandinsta was not a concept album even though it sounds like it.

Setting Sons was originally planned as a concept album about three childhood friends who, upon meeting after some time apart, discover the different directions in which they've grown apart. Only about half of the songs ended up following the concept due to a rushed recording schedule, but where they do, Weller vividly depicts British life, male relationships, and coming to terms with entry into adulthood.

Unlike its predecessors, Muswell Hillbillies doesn't overtly seem like a concept album -- there are no stories, as there are on Lola -- but each song undoubtedly shares a similar theme, namely the lives of the working class.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Second: Misplaced Childhood-Marillion

Nominate: Clutching at Straws - Marillion

Users who are viewing this thread