What's new

Conan The Destroyer SE region 2 is coming Febuary 2002! (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
This is good news for Conan fans. Hopefully, this will make it to Region 1. I hope they greenlight Conan the King (AKA Conan 3) soon too!!!

Regards,

Dan

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Its a universal title here in the states. They did a collector's edition for conan the barbarian. I would think that the success of lord of the rings might bring back other fantasy films like conan 3.

JACOB

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Just got the R2 Conan the Destroyer SE from Germany. It is certainly worth getting for the extras, two audio commentary tracks, anamorphic 2.35, making of, interview with composer, etc but the English DD 5.1 sound track is disappointing. It’s basically the original mono track tweaked a bit to include some left, right and surround sound effects but the music is essentially mono. It’s certainly not a complete sound remix. The German packaging makes no mention of the commentary tracks, presumably because they are only available in English. Surprisingly, no leaflet either.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Well that's disappointing to read, Douglas. I kind of figured that the sound would be gimmicky, but I was hoping I was wrong. I've been holding off purchasing the R1 version in hopes that it will be remixed to 5.1

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I am working on getting a region 1 SE of conan the destroyer. I cann;t really give details at the moment.. I hope to know some stuff about it soon.

JACOB

Shawn Con

Auditioning
Is the R2 Conan the destroyer SE uncut? I also noticed that on amazon.fr they have a collector's edition of Conan the barbarian in Dolby 5.1.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there is not that cut footage from the "R" rated version.. that uncut version is not released yet.

JACOB

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the commentary included on the german dvd release is the director richard flether, and both olvia and tracey walter.

I am trying to see if arnold will do one for the region 1.

JACOB

PS. I belive that both the japan and french version will include the same features as the german release. they are released next month.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The French review is incorrect in saying that Conan the Destroyer original had a stereo sound track. It was presented theatrically in mono as was the first Conan film.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have the region 1 version..its mono only.

is the menu the same for the german release?

JACOB

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I bet the japan version is the same..

I saw some of the screenshots.. from the main menu. how does the scene selection look?

JACOB

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I just found out....that there is now a region 2 from spain for conan the destroyer.. has the same features and cover as the other region 2.. I posted info and acover on my site. www.sarah-douglas.com it was released on February 27, 2002.
JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks