What's new

Conan The Adventurer--90s cartoons (1 Viewer)

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Any chance of this ever coming out on DVD? Does anyone know who owns the rights?

Maybe BCI could license it? :)

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
About 2-3 years ago I asked RHINO about this as they own the rights (or did then anyways). I was told there were no plans at all to release it. I haven't seen it on their upcoming release lists since then so I guess that hasn't changed.

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
TVShowsonDVD.com shows Image Entertainment as the RightsHolder, I contacted Image but they said that they didn't have the rights, that they only have the rights to a live action series.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I've been waiting for this one for awhile. No luck as yet, sadly. :frowning:

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski

Live action series??

In any case, this would be nice to have on DVD, even if it is grossly unfaithful to the source material. With a recent Conan animated feature film either on the way or recently released (i haven't bothered to check since i heard about it), Dark Horse's mega-popular comic series going strong as ever, McFarlane Toys creating a whole figure line, and the original Robert E Howard stories being published in unedited anthologized collections recently, i would say the popularity of this character is about as high as it has been since the early 80's.

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
yeah the live action series (hercules/xena knockoff) was released by image a couple years ago.

The Tick was sunbow too and that was released by Disney???

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
Rhino is still the rights holder. I was told this a few years back by one of the shows writers when I asked her about DVDs. I sent them an email when this thread came up and got the same reply I got back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks