What's new

Comprehensive List :Films Never on DVD 1978-1979 (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
These are a good portion of films not on DVD with proposed distrib in paranthesis: 1978: A Dream of Passion (LG) ,Adventures of a Plumbers Mate, Almost Summer (U/Shout) , Alaska Wilderness Adventure (MGM) , American Hot Wax (Par, Criterion, Olive) , Angela, The Bees, Blood Feud (LG) , Born Again (LG) , Caravans (U) , Carry on Emmanuelle , Convoy (MGM/Shout) , Dear Detective , Disco Fever , Doubles, The Fifth Floor, Goin Coconuts , Goodbye Franklin High (MGM) , The Great Brain, High Ballin (MGM) , If Ever I See you Again ( Columbia) , In Praise of Older Women (LG) , Jennifer (MGM/Shout) , Jokes My Folks Never Told Me , Just A Gigolo (MGM?), Lemon Popsicle (MGM), The Last Romantic Lover, Leopard in the Snow, The Magic of Lassie (MGM), Matilda (MGM),Mean Dog Blues (MGM/Shout?), Melody in Love, Metamorphisis, Mirrors, Moment By Moment (U), Monique, Movie Movie (LG),Nunzio (U), Once in Paris, Rabbit Test (LG), Record City(MGM), Remember My Name , Rush It, Silver Bears, Slow Dancing in the Big City (MGM), The Shout , Somebody Killed Her Husband (?), Starhops, Stay As You Are, Stevie (MGM), Stingray (Scorpion?), Summer camp, The Third Walker (LG), Towing, Warlords of Atlantis 1979: A Matter of Love, Arabian Adventure (LG/ Shout), Baby Love (MGM), Bear Island (Olive?), The Bell Jar (LG) ,Bloodlie (Par/Olive), Breakthrough,California Dreaming (MGM/Shout) City on Fire (LG/Scorpion),The Class of Miss McMichael (WB), Doing Time (LG), Dreamer (Fox), Escape to Athena (Shout), Fast Break (LG), Firepower (Shout), Five Days From Home (U), Fyre (MGM),Game For Vultures,Goldengirl (LG), Guyana Cult of the Damned (U-Theatrical Cut) , Hey Theres Naked Bodies on My TV (MGM), The Hitter (MGM), Just You and Me Kid (Columbia), Killer Fish (LG), The Kirlian Witness, Last Embrace (MGM/Shout), The Last Word (MGM), Life is Beautiful, Lost and Found (Columbia), Luna (Fox/Criterion), The Magician of Lublin (MGM), Nocturna (MGM), Nest of Vipers (Paramount/Olive), Nutcracker Fantasy, Old Boyfriends (LG/Scorpion), Players (Par/Olive), Racquet, Ravagers (Col), Rich Kids (MGM),The Runner Stumbles (Fox?), Running (U), Scavenger Hunt (Fox), The Secret Life of Plants(Par) Seven (MGM/Shout), Steel, Sunburn (Par), Sunnyside (MGM/Shout), Swap Meet, Swim team, Take Down, Tales From the Flying Trunk (LG), That Summer (Col), Tilt, Title Shot, Together?, Walk Proud (U), When You Comin Baxck Red Ryder? (Col?)Zero to Sixty (MGM)

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
There must be dozens of kung fu films from 1978-79 that aren't available on DVD. Most of the Shaw Bros. titles from that period have come out, some only on R3 DVD, and many of the Golden Harvest releases, but tons more from some of the smaller distributors are still MIA on DVD, at least legit ones. If I went through my boxes of bootleg VHS copies of kung fu films from that period, I could probably identify a lot that have never come out in any legit form in the U.S. I'm thinking of titles like THE SLEEPING FIST, THUNDERING MANTIS, SNAKE IN THE MONKEY'S SHADOW, DUEL OF THE SEVEN TIGERS, etc.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Louis Letizia said:
These are a good portion of films not on DVD with proposed distrib in paranthesis: 1978: A Dream of Passion (LG) ,Adventures of a Plumbers Mate, Almost Summer (U/Shout) , Alaska Wilderness Adventure (MGM) , American Hot Wax (Par, Criterion, Olive) , Angela, The Bees,Blind Rage (MGM), Blood Feud (LG) , Born Again (LG) ,Bully , Caravans (U) , Carry on Emmanuelle ,Catastrophe , Convention Girls , Convoy (MGM/Shout) , Dear Detective , Disco Fever , Doubles, Eyeball, The Fifth Floor,Free Spirit, Goin Coconuts , Goodbye Franklin High (MGM) , The Great Brain, High Ballin (MGM) ,Hot Tomorrows , Hughes and Harlow:Angels in Hell , If Ever I See you Again ( Columbia) , In Praise of Older Women (LG) ,Inheritance , Jacob Two Two Meet the Hooded Fang , Jennifer (MGM/Shout) , Jokes My Folks Never Told Me , Just A Gigolo (MGM?), Land of No Return, Lemon Popsicle (MGM), The Last Romantic Lover, Leopard in the Snow, The Magic of Lassie (MGM), Matilda (MGM),Mean Dog Blues (MGM/Shout?), Melody in Love, Metamorphisis, Mirrors, Moment By Moment (U), Monique, Movie Movie (LG),Mustang: The House that Jack Built , Nunzio (U), Once in Paris,One Man Jury (MGM),Opium War , Poopsie, Punk Rock Movie , Rabbit Test (LG), Record City(MGM), Remember My Name ,Renaldo and Clara ,Restless , Rush It,Scalpel (LG), (lg), Silver Bears, Slow Dancing in the Big City (MGM), The Shout , Silent Witness , Smokey and the Hotwire Gang, Snapshot , Somebody Killed Her Husband (?), Starhops, Stay As You Are, Stevie (MGM), Stingray (Scorpion?), DStop the World I want to Get Off, Summer Camp, Sunset Cove (MGM), Sweater Girls Team Mates, Think Dirty , , Texas Detour , The Third Walker (LG),Tormented , Towing, Warlords of Atlantis , Wheres Willie ? 1979: A Matter of Love,All Things Bright and Beautiful ,American Game , American Nitro (MGM), Arabian Adventure (LG/ Shout), Baby Love (MGM), Bear Island (Olive?), The Bell Jar (LG) ,Bermuda Triangle ,Beyond Deaths Door , Bloodline (Par/Olive), Breakthrough,California Dreaming (MGM/Shout) City on Fire (LG/Scorpion),The Class of Miss McMichael (WB), Delta Fox, Doing Time (LG), Dreamer (Fox), Escape to Athena (Shout), Fast Break (LG), Firepower (Shout), Five Days From Home (U), Fyre (MGM),Game For Vultures,Goldengirl (LG), Guyana Cult of the Damned (U-Theatrical Cut) , Hey Theres Naked Bodies on My TV (MGM), The Hitter (MGM),Hollywood Knight , Jury of One , Just You and Me Kid (Columbia), Killer Fish (LG),Kill the Golden Goose , The Kirlian Witness, Last Embrace (MGM/Shout), The Last Word (MGM),Legend of Sleepy Hollow , Life is Beautiful, Lost and Found (Columbia), Luna (Fox/Criterion), The Magician of Lublin (MGM), Nocturna (MGM), Nest of Vipers (Paramount/Olive), Nutcracker Fantasy, Old Boyfriends (LG/Scorpion),On the Yard (MGM), Players (Par/Olive), Racquet, Ravagers (Col),Redneck County, Remember My Name , Rich Kids (MGM),The Runner Stumbles (Fox?), Running (U),Sammy Stops the World , Scavenger Hunt (Fox), Screams of a Winter Night , The Secret Life of Plants(Par), Secrets , , Seven (MGM/Shout),Skatetown USA (Col), Steel, Sunburn (Par),Summer Camp , Sunnyside (MGM/Shout), Swap Meet, Swim team, Take Down, Tales From the Flying Trunk (LG), Target Harry (MGM), That Summer (Col), Tilt, Title Shot, Together?, Walk Proud (U), When You Comin Back Red Ryder? (Col?)Zero to Sixty (MGM)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Updated above.

Potential 35th anniversary releases from 1979 (BOARDWALK will finally be released in March. A very underrated film never before on video) seem to be: Bloodline ; The Bell Jar, California Dreaming, Escape to Athena, Firepower, Killer Fish, Last Embrace, Luna, The Runner Stumbles, Scavenger Hunt. Hopefully WHEN YOU COMIN BACK RED RYDER? as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks